Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 1376 Posts

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Has to be Cesc.

Kolo has the character and heart buit not the form, Clichy nice bloke but not sure if he is captain material and Almunia may not even be number # 1 much longer,

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Clichy is a brillant player talk about setting an exmaple for the other players but he doesnt have the personalty to be a leader he takes orders not gives them.
I think Kolo is the man for the job simply cos he has good leadership the players will respect him and as for Cesc in another 2 years, simple to young.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
It would nice to see Cesc donning the armband.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Cesc natural leader. Kolo doesnt have the tactical nous to do it.
What does tactical nous have to with being captain? The captaincy is a leadership position and Kolo is like a big brother to all of the players. Maybe him being captain will make him improve his form.

·
Arsenalation
2,036 Posts
well granted one doesnt need "tactical nous" to be captain, although it would be preferable in which case you'd have to go for Cesc.

That said, it's an interesting case though Kolo as captain. He's certainly got all the drive and +++ required.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Give it to Cesc so that it means that he can stay a year longer and hopefully the team would have won something for him to stay even longer. Right now I can't see him staying next season, unless the team go on some crazy UCL run.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
Give it to Cesc so that it means that he can stay a year longer and hopefully the team would have won something for him to stay even longer. Right now I can't see him staying next season, unless the team go on some crazy UCL run.
i think giving the captain armband means a lot more than keeping one player in our side. i think we need to give it to someone who will lead the team, direct it on and off the field. someone like kolo toure or almunia imo. cesc doesnt seem right imo.

·
Registered
891 Posts
should be Cesc have a funny feeling it will be Almunia. Never really been a big fan of keeper captains much more difficult to get your thoughts out on the pitch when there stuck in there box...

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
i dunno . when we appointed thierry henry as captain i felt he didnt speak out well enough to the side, he didnt direct play, he was just the "best player in the team, so we should make him captain". i think kolo toure would be a perfect candidate.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Why would you give it Cesc when just a couple of weeks ago he was complaining about being the oldest kid in your midfield, doesn't seem like someone who wants even more responsibility.

As for Toure, he is baaaad at football, and captains are meant to lead by example... plus I thought you were planning on buying some decent defenders?

1 - 20 of 1376 Posts