Xtratime Community banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Prandelli wanted 4-5 new players as promised by Lim a couple of weeks ago. Two days ago they said "hey mister you want a midfielder or a striker". His answer was give me the five players or I'll walk

·
Administrator
52,183 Posts
Impossible. If you have listened to Zamparini just once you can't think he is sane. :D
I'm not judging the management of Valencia, all I know is that hiring Prandelli surely was an ugly choice. He has nothing of the saviour. He is one of the last Italian coach I'd consider if my club had serious financial troubles.
I mean strictly in decision making Valencia makes Zampa look logical. Earlier in mid season I read article of management that would made that crook Luciano Gaucci get jealous.

This is a club has sizeable market in their country, excellent academy, some core quality players and good salary budget (essentially should be a Roma or Napoli level) . But due to being run so horribly almost deliberately they are just a point from relegation spot. Makes no God damn sense, what's the real purpose of this management?

P. S I don't Prandelli at since he left Viola long ago, but cause of the laughable state aren't exactly the revolving coaches.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

·
Administrator
52,183 Posts
the purpose is to make jorge mendes richer, that much is clear
That's why I said in first post this reeks of a semi scam. Muddy waters when an ownership of a club has semi common interest and stakes in having rights to players first and foremost in 3rd party ownership company or partnership, and not the well being of the club you own first and foremost. Your club shouldn't become just auction block to move players around you have some stake in. Recipe for disaster.

·
Registered
45,418 Posts
I mean strictly in decision making Valencia makes Zampa look logical.
Leave Zamparini out!!! :D
He is the chairman who sacked a coach after a win, then waited for eight defeats in a row before sacking another. :D He is also the chairman who sold Belotti for 7.5 million euros when everyone told him he is going to be a champion. I won't even tell you what he told everyone on a radio about his own idea of "religion" and that alone would make clear to you that the management of Valencia in comparison is the Committee of the Wise Men. :D

·
Administrator
52,183 Posts
Leave Zamparini out!!! :D
He is the chairman who sacked a coach after a win, then waited for eight defeats in a row before sacking another. :D
He has a shit club who are lucky they are in main division, have no budget, the idiotic freak show aside, Palermo is just a club built to barely survive. Zamparini is insane and whimsical (Shakespearean level of lunacy), but his biggiest flaw is not realizing the quality of squad is so shit it's stupid to expect coaches to make miracle with it.

Instead imagine if upper top mid table ambitious side suddenly starts to make so horrible decisions that they are almost a lock for relegation despite all the assets they have or can acquire? The latter defenitely more shocking level of incompetence.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
That's why I said in first post this reeks of a semi scam. Muddy waters when an ownership of a club has semi common interest and stakes in having rights to players first and foremost in 3rd party ownership company or partnership, and not the well being of the club you own first and foremost. Your club shouldn't become just auction block to move players around you have some stake in. Recipe for disaster.

A spectacular disaster too. The problem isn't even that we sell our best players, that's what Valencia been doing since forever. It's the inability to buy replacements due to the fair play rules. One of the biggest points Lim and co made when taking over was that he was going to increase income in the asian market from merchandise and stuff, thus increasing our spending cap. Since we do have money to buy players, we just aren't allowed to. But Lim has failed spectacularly in this area as well, merchandise income has actually decreased.

Actually Lim and co have failed in all areas. The more one analyses our situation the more one understands how deep we are in the shit. Squad shit and essentially just a shopping window, no coach, cant buy reinforcements, new stadium postponed, income deacreasing.

·
Registered
45,418 Posts
He has a shit club who are lucky they are in main division, have no budget, the idiotic freak show aside, Palermo is just a club built to barely survive. Zamparini is insane and whimsical (Shakespearean level of lunacy), but his biggiest flaw is not realizing the quality of squad is so shit it's stupid to expect coaches to make miracle with it.
Instead imagine if upper top mid table ambitious side suddenly starts to make so horrible decisions that they are almost a lock for relegation despite all the assets they have or can acquire? The latter defenitely more shocking level of incompetence.
Incompetence is one thing, being mental is another. Zamparini is not incompetent, not at all, but he is mental the way no one else is.

Anyway, I'm not here for that. I'm here to tell that choosing Prandelli was part of the incompetence of the club as Prandelli was definitely the wrong coach in the wrong place and at the wrong time. Not that I would hire Prandelli in a better situation.

·
Administrator
52,183 Posts
Agreed Toni.

This article is 2 weeks old but quite telling really:

I https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/12/valencia-sinking-la-liga-sid-lowe

Especially this part:

"This is a club that was unable to sell the players they wanted to and lost the players they said they didn’t (and there is a warning to Prandelli there: wanting to get rid of those who don’t love the shirt is not the same as being able to get rid of players who don’t love the shirt); a club that did not have the money to sign who they wanted, despite selling €100m worth of players – their best players. A culture in which the owner is absent, power resides somewhere else, and those who are present daren’t make decisions; in which suspicion shrouds everything and players feel like they’re passing through; where, just as importantly, they’re pretty sure the managers are too and where everybody else thinks that; where there have been three different sporting directors but where instead of real change or innovation there is inertia."

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
I'm here to tell that choosing Prandelli was part of the incompetence of the club as Prandelli was definitely the wrong coach in the wrong place and at the wrong time. Not that I would hire Prandelli in a better situation.
actually the team improved significantly on the pitch under prandelli. unlucky with the results though. also after watching suso's press conference today, i find it hard to blame this shit on prandelli. incompetent shady cvnt. (suso, not prandelli)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I missed all this, was busy. I think segunda is the solution, we wont get rid of Lim if we stay up, also we will get rid of players that don't want to be here. Lim is a clever guy, he is never in Valencia, he let his puppets run the club, for any decision you have to fly to his home at the other part of world!!!??? and ask him if you can do this or that. He also said he will make Valencia big club again,will not sell best players etc,and in fact its all oposite. He invested a lot of money in club,so getting out of it wont be easy. We need segunda to clear ourselves from everything.
Also, all this should be in " Valencia club de futbol is an absolute shithole of a club" thread

·
¡Ché we can!
5,283 Posts
Honestly it's mind boggling how bad a football club Valencia is.

It's so bad.

Everything about it.

I feel for the propa Valencianistas at the Mestalla.

All us pricks don't matter.
What you talking bout? We ARE all those Valencianistas at the Mestalla!

Ah well... At least we don't have false hope that 2017 will be better for this sh*tshow! 5 months to prepare for relegation now.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts