1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cesar too pricey for Inter
Tuesday 28 December, 2004

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/dec28e.html

Inter, who are today being linked with Raul and Robinho, have seemingly ruled out a move for Lazio ace Cesar.

The latter is a known target for the Nerazzurri but the giants insist that the Brazilian is just too expensive.

"Lazio President Claudio Lotito is mistaken regarding the valuation of some of his players," Inter chief Giacinto Facchetti stated.

"Cesar simply costs too much at this moment in time.

"If we were forced to spend that type of money then we would target younger players than Cesar, who could be more useful for us in the long-term."

The left-sided midfielder is believed to be a January target after Inter failed to sign him in the summer.

Meanwhile, the San Siro outfit are today being associated with an unlikely move for Real Madrid ace Raul.

The Spaniard is also a reported target for Milan who are ready to offer cash and Massimo Ambrosini in exchange for the forward.

Inter are also being paired with Brazilian sensation Robinho. The 20-year-old Santos starlet, valued at £10m, is wanted by Real Madrid too.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I've always been against bringing in Cesar when we have a better play in Kily, IMO.

As for the rest of the article, why are we being linked to offensive players when we already have the best attack in Serie A and one of the worst defenses?

Why haven't we been linked to any solid defenders so far? Since the market reopened, I dont remember reading any articles or reports linking us to any defenders.

Beats me! :wallbang:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Razman said:
I've always been against bringing in Cesar when we have a better play in Kily, IMO.

As for the rest of the article, why are we being linked to offensive players when we already have the best attack in Serie A and one of the worst defenses?

Why haven't we been linked to any solid defenders so far? Since the market reopened, I dont remember reading any articles or reports linking us to any defenders.

Beats me! :wallbang:
Because we are Inter, since Moratti came we are being linked with every possible player where we need or want them. I suppose thats what you get when your a club the size of ours. Personally I reckon we should bring in Bonera

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
The last thing we need is an injury prone superstar, aka Veron y Cesar.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
ambrosini for raul?? :eek::howler:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Inter Milan president raps Lazio over Cesar price
tribalfootball.com - December 29, 2004

Inter Milan president Giacinto Facchetti has ruled out a bid for Lazio wing-back Cesar.

Facchetti fired a broadside at Lazio supremo Claudio Lotito, insisting he is asking too much for his players.

"The president of Lazio is mistaken in the appraisals of his players: Cesar costs too much," said Facchetti.

"At these conditions, if we must spend that sort of money, then we'd prefer to on a younger player than Cesar, whose best years are still ahead of him."

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I like the fact that Facchetti believes the asking price is too much for a player of Cesar's age. Our president would also be aware of the fact that Cesar has stuggled with injury this season so paying a large fee is a rip off. Although Moratti's money runs the club, Facchetti's wisdom is starting to shine through and it is commendable that Facchetti realises that the money can be beter utilised by purchasing a young player who, if successful, will be an asset in the years to come as opposed to an older playerthat will possibly be an injury liability.

Also, just on principle, I hope Cesar's transfer does not happen as we already have too many former Lazio players. What disturbs me is that Mancini is not looking elsehwere for new signings. It is almost as if he is only willing/capable of working with players that he knows, for example, Veron, Favalli, Mihajlovic, Veron, Cesar, Fiore. I am not sure if many of you have notied but the only 'unfamiliar' player that Inter are being linked with is Robinho. And just on Raul, we do not need him. Inter has the best attack in Serie A. If anything, the club should be looking for a couple of defenders, one to play in the middle and a left back.

With regards to Robinho, it would be a good movie to secure his services for the future but purchasing a striker would be waste of resources unless Cruz and Choutos are sold or loaned out.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Carson35 said:
ambrosini for raul?? :eek::howler:
Sheer fantacalcio Carson ;) ,I can't see this happening anyway.what do Lazio want for Cesar anyway?

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Inter01 said:
I like the fact that Facchetti believes the asking price is too much for a player of Cesar's age. Our president would also be aware of the fact that Cesar has stuggled with injury this season so paying a large fee is a rip off. Although Moratti's money runs the club, Facchetti's wisdom is starting to shine through and it is commendable that Facchetti realises that the money can be beter utilised by purchasing a young player who, if successful, will be an asset in the years to come as opposed to an older playerthat will possibly be an injury liability.

Also, just on principle, I hope Cesar's transfer does not happen as we already have too many former Lazio players. What disturbs me is that Mancini is not looking elsehwere for new signings. It is almost as if he is only willing/capable of working with players that he knows, for example, Veron, Favalli, Mihajlovic, Veron, Cesar, Fiore. I am not sure if many of you have notied but the only 'unfamiliar' player that Inter are being linked with is Robinho. And just on Raul, we do not need him. Inter has the best attack in Serie A. If anything, the club should be looking for a couple of defenders, one to play in the middle and a left back.

With regards to Robinho, it would be a good movie to secure his services for the future but purchasing a striker would be waste of resources unless Cruz and Choutos are sold or loaned out.
I think the general feeling is that we definitely need defensive reinforcements, we also need to release a few players as we must have the largest squad in football.

We need to get rid of a couple of strikers (Cruz or Recoba & Choutos (Why was he brought in?)) and a couple of mids (give Veron back to Chelski and let Davids go). Maybe let Gamarra and Miha(like that would happen) go too.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Schumy said:
Sheer fantacalcio Carson ;) ,I can't see this happening anyway.what do Lazio want for Cesar anyway?
probably around 10 mill considering there situation at the moment, he's probably their only sellable asset left.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
That's a bit much for Cesar maybe 7 the most.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lazio to sell Cesar? Wednesday 29 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio have opened the door for star man Cesar to join Internazionale in the January transfer window.

Capital chief Claudio Lotito had stated that the Brazilian would not be sold but new sporting director Gabriele Martino isn’t so sure.

"Nobody should remain at Lazio if that is not what they want," the Biancocelesti official told Radio Incontro.

"Cesar to Inter? I hope that our important players remain but we can’t keep hold of individuals who want to leave."

The South American has been targeted by the Nerazzurri at the request of boss Roberto Mancini.

Cesar was a key figure in Mancio’s 4-4-2 in Rome and he would now like the player at his disposal again at the San Siro.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lazio chief admits Inter Milan target Cesar can go
tribalfootball.com - December 30, 2004

Lazio are ready to do business with Inter Milan over the sale of wing-back Cesar.

After months of claim and counter-claim, the two clubs are set to come together to negotiate the Brazilian's transfer ahead of the winter market opening.

Lazio director general Gabriele Martino confirmed yesterday: "We want to hold onto all our important players, but if Cesar does not want to stay, then he can leave."

Inter are ready to offer cash plus a choice of one from Ze Maria, Gio Pasquale and Giorgis Karagounis.

President Giacinto Facchetti warned Lazio this week that they're asking too much for their players. The key to the deal will be Cesar, himself. If he presses for a move, then Martino is sure to convince president Claudio Lotito to sell the Brazilian next month.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
am i the only person who doesn't want cesar and his injuries come to INTER???

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
NO Cesar please. Not about Lazio-stuff, but about his reliablity.

!) Chivu... Best of the lot. But Expensive
2) Gallas.. Able to play in many positions... But low chance of Chelsea selling.
3) Jankulovksi.. as Mancio likes attacking full backs... he is GREAT!

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Adriano10 said:
NO Cesar please. Not about Lazio-stuff, but about his reliablity.

!) Chivu... Best of the lot. But Expensive
2) Gallas.. Able to play in many positions... But low chance of Chelsea selling.
3) Jankulovksi.. as Mancio likes attacking full backs... he is GREAT!
Nice list AD10, I would like to see Parisi as well.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Dammit! I hope this deal falls through! :fero:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts