Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't care if this has been discussed but is it only me who has sevre doubts over Cesar?

I know that he is better than Casillas at crosses (my gran is for ****s sake) but must we persist with this unreliable pile of rubbish...

He is liable to **** up at the drop of a hat and concede goals that should not be goals...

Iker is better at shot stopping, and one on one situations yet we persist with Cesar who has cost us some valuable points

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Funnily, Iker has impressed me while Cesar has not. He does not look that steady and it can't be helped by the goal he conceded against Barcelona a few months ago. Iker, though he has lost form, is young, vying for No1 in Spain, and sitting on the bench. I am not saying that Cesar is a poor goalkeeper by any standards, but certainly Iker is the one for the future, and he has shown that he can cope at the highest levels. Unless his form during training has shown otherwise.:) Bring Iker back, Vicente.

paw;)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
most ppl here wish Casi on except Cliff. our young generation's much more talented.still dont know why Del B forgot him.:mad: even Cesar made big mistake on the away game against Osasuna that hadnt shake the coach mind.cant bear to see Casi rusty job in the coming world cup.:devil:

btw,big surprise Pool returning.:happy: how long this time you rest on here?:D

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ikker is the one :howler:

He's young and got talent and he's the best, he's going to be the legend.. Mark my word on that..

I like Cesar, but.. well.. between Iker and Cesar, defenitely, Iker..

·
Registered
210 Posts
hhmmm..well there's definitely something behind the curtain that we don't know about why DB tends to drop Casillas off almost immediately as he makes one mistake whilst when Cesar does the same thing, he still lets him play anyway.

1- that's not so good for Casillas' confidence at all..:( :depress:
i'm worried abt that cos he is Real's future. i think DB should give him a chance in 1 or 2 games.

2- on the other hand, Cesar's confidence is growing sky high!!
he was so confident during that barca match, he played extremely well! except for that yellow card..what was he doing wasting time??

anyway, rite now in CL matches, let's not touch Cesar. let him stay there for a while. as for Iker..he can play in la liga matches but that's sort of risk taking--we don't know how he'll perform after so long an absence & look at our fixtures!. but then again we don't want to exhaust the h3ll out of Cesar. wow..this is a really tough decision, isn't it? good luck, DB!

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
had a feeling Macca scoring could bring you back here,pool.;)great to see ya back,man.

As for Casillas v Cesar,Cesar doesnt really inspire confidence,neither does Casillas,but Cesar's been doing well in recent games(he was brilliant against Barca) and I dont think it would be right to change the 'keeper with so few games left in the season.

Although next season,right at the star,I wanna see Iker back between the posts.:)

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Hey hey!

Pool:excited:

Well, I can say Cesar was one of our best players in Camp NOu in the 1st leg. He was simply brilliant. But for me that';s still not enough. Casillas has saved us so many freaking times.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
It was vital that Cesar got more playing time, he's a tad streaky as a keeper but his maturity has given him the nod over Iker.

Also it would be tougher for Cesar to leave after this year knowing that he has the confidence of DB. This would keep us out of the market for a back up keeper to Iker.

I disagree with pool's accessment, a keeper is only as good as his back line!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would stick to Cesar for the rest of the season. I think last tuesday's was the best match i've seen him ever! And with so few matches remaining, i wouldn't risk a change of keepers.

Next season is another matter. I'd give Casillas another try. He's just too talented to stay in the bench forever.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is no doubt that Iker is much better than Cesar who is making really killng mistakes such as reals match against osasona and barca in the league

So, I hope that del-bosque will be back to the right choice which is choosing Iker in the first line-up;)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
HeLgUeRa_FaN said:
hhmmm..well there's definitely something behind the curtain that we don't know about why DB tends to drop Casillas off ..
Let me be a smart aleck and try to guess the reason: Cesar played up talk about leaving at the end of the season if he doesn't get a more important role in the squad. And quite truthfully, he deserved more starting calls.

I'm just so glad many of those who were calling for Iker some weeks ago are now head over heels over him! ;) :D

And La Cibeles, Iker would just have made mistakes of a different set, since Cesar and him share different strengths and weaknesses.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
what the :wth: ????

POOL is back! :D

I won't dwell on that here, perhaps there is a topic about it already (im checking on latest threads).

I am 100% for Iker, but we can't change right now with Cesar playing and playing well.

Starting next year, Iker should be back because more or less they are very close in form, so we need to develop Iker for the future. Besides, the guy simply loves the club and is willing to give 110% for it, and thats very important :)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Very nice to see you again Ryan,things havent changed here so you are always welcome ;)

I dont think we got a choice but to play with Cesar right now. We only have "must" mathces left so Casillas might get burned from the heat which Cesar SHOULD be used to by now.

And to sum it up, i think Cesar did a wonderful job vs Barca :)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
There is no "I am back" thread...i hope that doesn't mean that your not! :(

Lets hope Macca scores in everygame then, maybe thats the magical reason! ;)

Great to see you back man :)

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Well, let's be sincere: although I can't see another goalie for Real from next year on than Casillas, I must concede that César is doing it fine.
As I see it, Casillas's top is higher, but also his mistakes are more evident. César is more or less at level every match, and many prefer that style.

We all are fascinated by Casillas. Two years ago, we didn't care about his weakenesses in the aerial game, for example, but a little time has gone and it remains more or less the same. Since the team is so irregilar this year, maybe he has chosen a little stability on the goal line

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm backish... I mean Uni work is getting mad/crazy/freaking mental... I mean 7 essays in 3 weeks is a lot:(

I think I needed a break though (unintended though it was)... I think xtratime was getting to me... I wouldn't talk to anyone unless they 'posted' their feelings first...

It was a big problem with the ladies;)

The Cesar thing has been bumming me for ages... yes he was good at Barca without being unspectacular and I agree 100% with Che... the back line is vitally important (hence why he did well against Barca... 3 CD... Del Bosques is a genius:))

But Iker is so much better and is more likely to learn from mistakes than Cesar. The ironic thing with my point though is that I don't rate either keeper that highly!:eek:

Casillas I doubt on crossing and I believe that this will improve with confidence and experience...
Cesar on the other hand has a problem with shots that I feel even I could hold on to and this is what worries me.

I suppose my gripes are a little unwarrented with the season we are having (everyone forgotten that Depor game right;)) but I need to vent my anger... if not here then I'm afraid my lecturers will have to die (7 bloody essays... did I say that already?)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did Del Bosque indicate his reason for for what seems to be a permanent switch (Ceasar in goal) until the the end of the season?

Casillas seems to be not be too down when I see shots of him on the bench though he really gets animated and involved during matches. :)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Welcome to the forums Simone! :)

So far two new members and one returning oldie :happy: I hope you like it here and get involved in the discussions! :) looking forward to seeing your comments as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts