Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Romanii Florin Cernat si Tiberiu Ghioane sunt doriti de antrenorul Oleg Blokhin la nationala Ucrainei. Blokhin a solicitat Federatiei Ucrainiene de Fotbal sa faca toate demersurile necesare pentru ai convinge pe cei doi sa evolueze pentru nationala din tara vecina.

"Se poate si asa ceva. Trebuie sa ai dubla cetatenie in momentul in care soliciti la UEFA schimbarea echipei nationale. Procedurile sunt insa destul de complicate", a declarat Cristian Bivolaru, Secretarul general adjunct al FRF.

TOTALSPORT.RO

------------------------------------------------------------

English translation:

Romanians Florin Cernat and Tiberiu Ghioane (both of Dynamo Kyiv) are wanted by the Ukraine coach Oleg Blokhin for the Ukrain national team. Blokhin has asked the Ukrainian Football Federation to do all that is possible to convinse the two to play for Ukraine.

"Something like this can be done. We have to double their citizenships for UEFA to change their national teams. The procedures are but complicated enough." declared Cristian Bivolaru, general secretary of FRF.

====================================

Holy shit! This could actually happen! Ghioane want to get out of Romania NT fast and he might convince Cernat to leave aswell for Ukraine. :eek: We can't afford to lose Ghioane before our World Cup qualifying campaign. Cernat is a little behind Pancu and a few others so we wouldn't suffer too much without him, but Ghioane is our only decent DM. :eek:

Thinking about it, if Iordanescu doesn't leave, Ghioane won't be playing anyway... :eek:

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
There is no way in hell Cernat will go to the Ukrainian NT, he can't wait to leave Ukraine altogether!
As for Ghioane I don't know, he just doesn't like Iordanescu and for good reason.

Vut just because Ukrainian coach wants them it doesn't mean they want to play for Ukraine!
Think about it, why do something like that? Just look at the facts.
a) Ukraine is not a better team then Romania.
b) They can achieve more with Romania than with Ukraine
c) All Romanians will hate them forever if they do something like this.
d) It's not like they can get a better life in Ukraine!

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cernat wants to leave Dynamo, not necessarily Ukraine altogether. If Cernat moves, he will be featured in the first team whereas at Romania he will be a substitute at the most.

Ghioane on the otherhand has much more to give Romania than Ukraine.

And this Bivolaru guy, who does he think he is? He doesn't care if out players go there, in fact it seems like he wants to help them become Ukrainian citizens. I wonder how much bribe he has taken. :mad:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Take it easy guys, that's some kind of joke. I have all Blohins Interviews and he never said anything like this. Unless he told it to Romanian press. Plus it is imposible to play for the other national team if you are already caped by someone else. I can't belive you went for it:tongue:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
why would someone change their nationality? Representing your OWN country is the highest honour for anyone-they would be foolish to do so.

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
Scarface said:
Take it easy guys, that's some kind of joke. I have all Blohins Interviews and he never said anything like this. Unless he told it to Romanian press. Plus it is imposible to play for the other national team if you are already caped by someone else. I can't belive you went for it:tongue:

That's right. I don't knwo where totalsport.ro got that from. Plus, both Ghioane and Cernat played for the Romanian NT, it would be impossible for them to play for another NT. Finally, Cernat really cares about Romania. He wouldn't do such a thing.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
I just spoke to a Ukrainian guy at work and told him about this rumour. He started laughing and said that Ukraine would not even bother with somethig like this because they have enough problems selecting their own players to play in their NT and this would be even worse if foreigners were added to the list. Second, neither of them are superstars, so why bother...

Romanian journalists should be shot for making up such idiotic stories.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Bentex said:
dunno ask Miriuta ;)
Miriuta is an idiot. Had he been a great player, Romanians would have felt bad he chose to play for Hungary. But with his talent (or lack thereof) people were more annoyed than anything. Nowadays he doesn't even play for Hungary much....So, he is a failure and and an idiot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts