Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official Communiqué

In order to address the different news articles published and interpretations that have arisen as a consequence of the gift/jersey that the President of Real Madrid, C.F. Mr. Ramón Calderón, gave to me last night, as President of Club Atlético de Madrid, I would like to state the following:

1. That within the powers bestowed upon me as President, I must always display the maximum respect towards opposing teams in the competition.

2. That I was a guest, along with the President of Real Madrid C.F. and the President of the Royal Spanish Football Federation, of a group of journalists who periodically get together informally to discuss current matters.

3. That during said encounter, at twelve o’clock at night, I was given a cake for my birthday with the Atlético de Madrid crest, which everyone tasted, and immediately following, and in a relaxed manner, Mr. Ramón Calderón gave me a gift, which, upon opening, I found to be a personalised jersey. Before the suggestion by the other guests that I put it on, I limited myself to displaying it.

4. That said meeting was under no circumstances of public character, nor was there present any accredited photojournalist, which means that the photograph was obtained during a private ceremony that took place in a restaurant.

5. That in any case, as President, I try to promote warmth and coexistence between Clubs, as our athletic rivalry should not extend beyond the competition.

6. The social dimension that this has acquired hurts me, as I think that the only thing that it creates is social tension, and sometimes violence in the stands, and it does not in any way contribute to strengthen and promote the intrinsic values of sport, amongst those, respect for one’s opponent, and the decorum that a President must have with any team, no matter how much of a rivalry there is on the playing field.

7. In any case, if any fan of our Club does not perceive it in this fashion, and they are in their right to do so, I give them my most sincere apologies.

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
It was all blowed up so much.

·
Administrator
53,206 Posts
Seriously, there was a fuss over something like that?

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Of course, spaniards are drama queens.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
What a bastard Calderon is, though... it's the guy's birthday and he gives him a personalized Real Madrid jersey. :howler:

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Calderóns laugh/smile says it all :dielaugh:

·
Registered
70,191 Posts
Many Atletico fans are incredibly antimadridistas. Plus many of them criticize the Cerezo gestion.

With these 2 things...it´s normal the apology.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
cerezo is a ****ing idiot to do this but he didnt mean it..... he is a very good guy and i like him alot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts