Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know Mido left us leaving a sub Montella spot for one of our youngsters. Corvia was played over Mido already and to me he is crap. However, for those who saw the Inter game, there is a new youngster I hope Del Neri will play more and over Corvia and that is Cerci, who made his debut against Inter. I know some of you will think I am nuts, if you dont think it already but I feel this kid is gonna be good. So what do you guys think?

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Few, I know but I think that he will be good. And even if he did not play much, its about who you would try more since you saw Corvia already. Would you stick with Corvia or give a chance to Cerci?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I would stick with Corvia, I have faith in him and hope that Del Neri will play him on Sunday, and doesn´t put Mancini as an attacker, to me, that´s suicide.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I personally would try Cerci more since to me Corvia showed that he is not good enough. I think that Del Neri not playing Mancini is pure suicide but yes it also depends how you play him.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
I don’t know how Cerci plays/played with the primavera but from what I’ve seen of him in the off season and against Inter, which isn’t enough to make a solid judgment I understand, he’s nothing special (horrible reaction to the through ball in the match against Inter which should’ve been a goal).

at the same time I don’t rate Corvia that highly, he’s only got potential and there are so many players around the world who had potential they never realized (not to mention that he's got potential to be a good player not a star), but he’s got more first team experience than Cerci.

I can’t find a place for this question nor do I think it merits opening a new thread for it and so here goes, what do you guys think of Kamara?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Why should Cerci play, he is even more inexperienced then Corvia, which is Corvia's main problem?

Kamara I think is a good striker but I don't think we can get him from Redknapp except for a very pretty penny which are pennies we should spend on other players.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
The same Kamara that played at Modena? Love the guy, speed, finess, quality, good shot, was really impressed with him last year was sure tjat some big club would buy him in the summer.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
if u actualy watched closley vs inter apart from that pass from totti which clipped his heal he did some nice things..but i watched him very closley and he has a lot of pace about him..

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well Cerci is just 17 and while he deserves some chances, he deserves less than Corvia who was king of goals last year in the primavera. At least for now we cant rush Cerci too much unless necessary.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Actually Cerci didn't make his debut against Inter.... it was against Sampdoria late last season.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
I think its little too early to think of Cerci as a real option. He should be given some minutes to gain experience but thats it. I conclude this only on the base of his age, 'cause i havent seen him at all, except in the Inter game.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
Kamara I think is a good striker but I don't think we can get him from Redknapp except for a very pretty penny which are pennies we should spend on other players.
I was asking for an opinion as I don’t think he’s in Roma’s future plans, but you never say never when it comes to the world of football. I think Kamara and Kameni would make good additions to Roma.
sharp said:
The same Kamara that played at Modena? Love the guy, speed, finess, quality, good shot, was really impressed with him last year was sure tjat some big club would buy him in the summer.
that’s him, Diomansy Kamara, Portsmouth isn’t a big side though.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Kamara would of cost cheaper than Mido in the summer(£2.5m) and he drifts to the wings naturally so he would of been more suitable for that job as he has amazing pace and good feet. He is a poor man's Henry but needs to have more composure infront of goal though he is improving on that part of his game.

On Cerci, Well what can I say? Haven't seen enough to make a proper judgement.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Of Wolf and Man, I do not recall Cerci having any wrong moves in the Inter game. I recall, like pirri said that he has good pace and he showed much potential. That is my opinion. Corvia might have scored in the Primavera but that means nothing on the Serie A level. Portillo scored loads in the youngsters yet he sucks.

Diomansy Kamara to me is a great player and I wanted him for Roma since I saw him. I do not get why he left Italy and no one got him. And yes he would have been cheaper than Mido and he can play all sorts of roles.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Fiorito28 said:
Of Wolf and Man, I do not recall Cerci having any wrong moves in the Inter.
pirri said:
that pass from totti which clipped his heal
Totti sends him clean through on goal and he heels it back because of how he reacted to the pass, he screwed up something so elemental and it pissed me off to no limit. other than that he wasn't on long enough to show much.

anyone here follows Sarno?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Wolf: Yah I know that Pourtsmouth isn´t a big side, that´s what made me mad, because if P´mouth could buy him, everyone can (no disrespect). And I think he deserves so much better (Roma maybe :) ). That´s why I was sure that he would move to a big club, but instead..

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
It hit his heel and whats to say not even the best players in the world do these sometimes Wolfie... let alone a 17 year old kid who was only on the field for 5 mins.

About Corvia... yes primavera sometimes doesnt mean much just like with Portillo but this means you rule out all the youngsters with potential fromthe primavera jus because they were primavera. Like Mido, it is hard to have judged Corvia, he has started just 1 Serie A match this season and came on at half-time in just 1 other so like Mido he has played few minutes. He has hardly had a shot at goal in the matches also, but for sure has got better with every 10 minutes hes played at this level.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Deano said:
It hit his heel and whats to say not even the best players in the world do these sometimes Wolfie... let alone a 17 year old kid who was only on the field for 5 mins.
I know, but the ball was easy.
I'm not saying he's bad (I've already followed what I said by saying that he didn't play long enough to judge), it's just that we were down and the chance came and it was the only stand out thing he did which pissed me off even further than I was then. I'm not passing judgment on him just yet but the truth is that he didn't show me anything special or promising in the few minutes he played in the match against Inter or in the off season friendlies.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts