Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last match in the Group Stage. Even though we have qualified :star: a win will give us 1st spot. Wether this is good or not, is yet to be seen :neutral:

In San Siro the game ended 3-1. Pippo was the factor with his late goal :star: It will be a tremendous game, cause Celtic :cool: will need a win in order not to say goodbye to Europe.

Should be a cracking game.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Actually we even just need a draw to win our group, since we are leading it by 2 pts and have won the direct comparison vs Barca.

I hope Ancelotti will give Dhorasoo another 90 mins job, the man is showing really class. I'd also like to see Coloccini from the beginning.

Celtic evidently will be more motivated to get the result, but I still hope that we will get at least a point and therefore finish this group as the top of the table.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Psycho said:
Actually we even just need a draw to win our group, since we are leading it by 2 pts and have won the direct comparison vs Barca.
I hope Ancelotti will give Dhorasoo another 90 mins job, the man is showing really class. I'd also like to see Coloccini from the beginning.

Celtic evidently will be more motivated to get the result, but I still hope that we will get at least a point and therefore finish this group as the top of the table.
True :embarass:
Will it be definately better gaining 1 spot, if indeed we will not lose?

I too would like to see Coloccini :cool:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
We could get RM if we become first (assumig Roma does not do one thing to make us all proud and eliminate RM in the empty Olimpico), so yes, it is a good thing :tongue:

However we could also get Bayern, which wouldnt be that nice.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Psycho said:
We could get RM if we become first (assumig Roma does not do one thing to make us all proud and eliminate RM in the empty Olimpico), so yes, it is a good thing :tongue:

However we could also get Bayern, which wouldnt be that nice.
We shall see. :hopefull:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
What's the picture like in terms which team we could face in the 1/8 finals? :stress:

Real Madrid? :howler: Bring'em on!!!!:devil::stuckup:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ancelotti has fielded "B-teams" before when we were qualified. I'm wondering if he will continue with that.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I'd like to see the full B-team- Serginho, Coloccini, Rui Costa, Billy, JDT, Simic, Ambrosini, etc.
Also Sheva.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
given serginho's good form in today match against Parma, I would actually give him another run, together with other squad players, they deserve the chance.
also, our first team players should have a rest finally.
BTW, Pancaro played against Parma so it'd probably be Kaladze who'll play against Celtic

---------dida/abbitati-----------
coloccini--nesta---billy---kaladze
------------Ambrosini-----------
Brocchi-----------------Dhorasso
------------Rui Costa------------
------------------------Serginho
---------JDT/Crespo-------------

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
This match is of little significance now that qualification for the last 16 is secured. If we finished first in the group, there is a likelihood of playing Bayern, Real Madrid, Man U or even Arsenal in the last 16, but if we wanna be champions of Europe again we have to beat every team thrown in our way! :stuckup:

This is the most likely team Ancelotti will play:

------------------------Abbiati--------------------------

----Pancaro-----Coloccini-----Costacurta------Kaladze----

------------Brocchi-----Ambrosini------Dhorasoo---------

------------------Rui Costa------Serginho---------------

------------------------Tomasson----------------------

Still pretty impressive to me! :stuckup:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
ilgenio said:
This match is of little significance now that qualification for the last 16 is secured. If we finished first in the group, there is a likelihood of playing Bayern, Real Madrid, Man U or even Arsenal in the last 16, but if we wanna be champions of Europe again we have to beat every team thrown in our way! :stuckup:

good formation :smileani:

i think carlo should NOT field the strongest 11 there like Maldini/Sheva/Gattuso/Pirlo/Kaka there simply because

1. They need a rest, we have qualified, the 1st or 2nd spot meant little actually... :eek:

2.THE BENCH PLAYER NEED GAMES TO BRUSH UP THEIR FORM. Rui Costa, Ambrosini and Dhorasso and co. DESERVE their fair chance of play. :stuckup: In order to keep the team in sharp forms in 3 fronts, a little squad rotation is a MUST. While the Celtic match is a perfect chance. And Coloccini needs to play more regularly to get used to our play. He's our only promising young defender by the way. :rolleyes:

·
1st Tier Poster
49,999 Posts
ilgenio said:

That would be a good lineup. It's great that we have such a large selection of players to choose from. There is no reason to waste first-choice players in games that doesn't mean much.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Possible lineup:

-------------------------------Dida

Billy-----------------Nesta---------------Maldini----------Pancaro

-------Brocchi-----------------Ambro--------------Dhorasoo

--------------------Rui Costa------------Serginho

-------------------------------Sheva

Forza Milan :devil:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
No Coloccini? :(

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
It would be good if we lost this game. I hope we lose this game. I'm not that worried one bit about who we face in the Round of 16. I would gladly take on Chelsea. :devil: If we want to win this competition then it is better to be prepared for whatever hurdle is thrown our way rather than being nit-picky and dreaming of drawing an easy opponent like Deportivo La Coruna.

The important thing is that Ancelotti has put faith in the 4-3-2-1 system and it paid dividends so even though he may not use it frequently but he knows that it is available to use. 4-4-2 is not for us nor will it be with this squad.

Losing now against Celtic will be MUCH better than losing in any one of the knock-out games. A longer undefeated streak in the CL is harmful and if we are to win this competition then I don't see us going undefeated right till the end so it is better to lose now and then build up on an undefeated streak from the round of 16 onwards which would be 7 games and possible as shown by past champions.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Haroon, i can understand your point, that's why i think fielding first team players, especially maldini-nesta-billy lineup is a complete rediculous thing if you ask me...WE NEED TO GIVE THE CHANCE TO SOME BENCH PLAYERS, ESPECIALLY COLOCCINI.

and yes, better rest maldini/nesta now and lose this match, RATHER THAN FIELDING THE STRONGEST ELEVEN THERE and earn the 1st spot. We may secure a draw/win with our best 11, but it would also wear down our players meaninglessly, when fatigue set in, we may well lose in our knoct-out games which will be far more dangerous than losing tonight's game.

last season's depor 4:0 defeat should have TAUGHT cARLO SOMETHING. before that riazor fiasco, the same starting 11 was used continuously without rest. I WONDER WHAT'S THE POINT TO FIELD OUR STRONGEST TEAM IN GLASGOW TONIGHT?

Please wake up, Carlo. i am sure you are smart enough to think what Haroon is thinking now.

FORZA MILAN
FORZA CARLO

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Elephant King said:
Please wake up, Carlo. i am sure you are smart enough to think what Haroon is thinking now.
FORZA MILAN
FORZA CARLO
What :eekani: losing ;) is that smart :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
Haroon said:
It would be good if we lost this game. I hope we lose this game. I'm not that worried one bit about who we face in the Round of 16. I would gladly take on Chelsea. :devil: If we want to win this competition then it is better to be prepared for whatever hurdle is thrown our way rather than being nit-picky and dreaming of drawing an easy opponent like Deportivo La Coruna.

The important thing is that Ancelotti has put faith in the 4-3-2-1 system and it paid dividends so even though he may not use it frequently but he knows that it is available to use. 4-4-2 is not for us nor will it be with this squad.

Losing now against Celtic will be MUCH better than losing in any one of the knock-out games. A longer undefeated streak in the CL is harmful and if we are to win this competition then I don't see us going undefeated right till the end so it is better to lose now and then build up on an undefeated streak from the round of 16 onwards which would be 7 games and possible as shown by past champions.
i don't agree (well partially i do) because here we have a problem to be sportive and guarantee to do the best at least on paper for the fair play
it's not matter of hoping to draw this or that team, it's matter to avoid annoying polemics which affect the club's image as the last year with Brugge IMO

1 - 20 of 79 Posts