Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do u think the score will be in this? Celtic record at home is class, and I do expect them to win, but if I'm right barca have won their last 7 games in a row. That's a decent run to be on. Should be a great game, great atmosphere.

Celtic 2 - 0 Barca

·
Registered
460 Posts
in your dreams!:howler:
but i can't predict any result because it brings bad luck to my team..
i just want to say that this game should have be postponed.. but UEFA again showing us their lack of compassion for anything except money!:fero:

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Mise_Me_Fein said:
What do u think the score will be in this? Celtic record at home is class, and I do expect them to win, but if I'm right barca have won their last 7 games in a row. That's a decent run to be on. Should be a great game, great atmosphere.

Celtic 2 - 0 Barca
:D :D Nice to see yer talking p!sh as ever Mise.

1-2

·
Registered
967 Posts
celtic r a bunch of ****ers

·
Registered
6,512 Posts

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Re: Re: Celtic V Barca

Jonny said:
:D :D Nice to see yer talking p!sh as ever Mise.

1-2
I'm picking the bullet out of my foot as we speak :doh: :D

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few times I thought barca should have scored. Saviola and Ronaldinho had good chances. Still 1 - 0 is an excellent result.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I thought Archie McPherson's commentary on Celtic TV, which I saw through Setanta Sport was absolutely disgraceful, he had a real go at most Barca players, especially Ronaldinho calling hs performance a disgrace, and it absolutely sickened me that he should go so over the top on a day like yesterday, when playing football was the last thing on the Barca players minds, he should be ashamed of himself.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Archie is an arse, pure and simple.

A Rangers fan, but a pure and utter arse and I agree KUBALA, shocking disrespect on his part and we can only apologise for that.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I found it a thoroughly entertaining match especially the first half where both teams enjoyed spells of dominance. You couldn't fail to be impressed by some of the football Barcelona played in particular the four pass move which sent Saviola through on goal although he couldn't get it out of his feet and eventually screwed it wide. The pitch was pretty poor but I still felt that Xavi looked very impressive in midfield and Puyol in defence while Ronaldinho was in his own way on a different level than everyone else although his participation was limited.

The half time fireworks didn't really help the match and Saviola's ridiculous kick at Thompson (straight after blowing another good chance) did nothing except hand the initiative to Celtic and in the end a quality touch from Henrik and the now standard Thompson european goal added another name to Celtics ever growing and very impressive list of recent scalps.

In summary this is not the first time I've sifted through the bones of a Celtic euro match and found myself saying that the opponents looked the classier team or played the better football but ulitmately ended up losing and after games like Blackburn and Liverpool where many people felt they would get found out in the return leg it transpired that Celtic stepped up a gear and got the all important away goals that took them to Seville. There is still plenty of life in this tie and Celtic have given themselves a chance and I feel that Sutton being back is a bigger plus than Bobo's absence is a minus.

I for one will be finding a comfy chair a week on Thursday.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Nice to see young scots get a run in the team against top quality opposition, particuarly Pearson, a big jump in class considering he was playing for well at the start of the season.

I cannot see Celtic going through, its a bit similar to the game at hampden - I think Barca will be far too strong, particularly with Celtic's away record being so poor. I think they would need to score 2 goals if they have any chance of going through.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Anyway, quite a good game, pity about the sendings off, I had enjoyed the first half. Looking forward to the return, may the best team win!

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I'm confident that Sellick can fluke through it!

BTW Jonny, when did you get back here?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts