Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rangers spend £7m, on albeit an unknown striker, celtic spend £1m on a SPL player.... deja vu??

4 year year for fernandez, good enough player, but a squad player none the less, we need improvements.

·
Registered
54 Posts
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why couldnt Livi got decent money for him he is worth a lot more than that.

And this squad player bollocks better not be true, im ****in sick fed up of the OF buying out the cxompetition and using them as "squad players".

Out of ****ing order it is. They need to get a grip and realise that by doing this THEY are sucking the life and blood out of the Scottish games.

AND IN CASE YOU CVANT TELL IM SLIGHTLY BLOODY ANGRY, WHY DO THEY BUY PLAYERS WHO WERE FIRST TEAM WHEN THRE IS NO INTENTION OF PLAYING THEM. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it annoys me as much as it annoys you. its also stealing the scouting from the wee clubs, these wee clubs find good players at a good price, a rare commodity, and have to scour europe to find them. in the case of didier agathe, its different, as hes a 1st team regular, but well, i suppose he wasnt bought with that in mind, maybe. its also depends on the player, whether they can make it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
:D Great shout mate.

Yeah I agree that Rangers and Celtic have the money so they can go scout Europe if they really want the player but of course they are going to take the easy option.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I think he's a great signing for Celtic and I predict he will play more games than Sylla, McNamara and Weighorst who ARE squad players and will indeed play far more games than Lubomir Moravcik did last season.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea hiope so, hes a good player, but i was worried because of henrik, sutton, hartson, and maloney, as i think fernandez is more of a striker than a lubo.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
he could prove to be a good buy for the SPL but i think you will need something a bit more for Europe

as for Rangers and Celtic 'stealing' other teams players. Mixed views on this - partly what has already been said in the thread, but it also has to be remember that the £1 million will really help Livingston given the dodgy financial circumstances in the game at this time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts