·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
courtesy of the Daily record

FOOTBALL: GERS STAR DECKED IN TUNNEL BUST-UP Nov 22 2004

Celts in rage at Lovenkrands

By Keith Jackson

PETER LOVENKRANDS was left in a heap at the end of a behind-the-scenes bust-up during Saturday's explosive Old Firm derby at Ibrox.

Record Sport can reveal the Rangers winger was singled out in the tunnel at half-time by at least two Celtic stars who were seething over his part in the sending-off of Alan Thompson.

A female steward is also believed to have been struck in the melee that ensued.

Lovenkrands had collapsed holding his face in a flashpoint that saw Thompson being shown the red card after 37minutes.

Witnesses claim the Dane was set upon by a Parkhead player as he made for the dressing room at the break.

He was then knocked to the ground when a second Celt became involved.

It's believed Lovenkrands needed to be helped into the Rangers dressing room by team-mates, although the club have decided to turn a blind eye to the incident.

It is thought Rangers boss Alex McLeish opted to take Lovenkrands out of the game then because he feared the winger might suffer further second-half reprisals.

An Ibrox insider said: 'It was a regrettable incident. There was a lot of shoving and pushing and, yes, Peter Lovenkrands was involved.

'But sometimes things happen in the heat of the moment and, as a club, we consider the matter closed. No reports have been made.'

It's understood the female steward has also decided to let the matter rest.

But security bosses called for reinforcements to be sent to the area at full-time as they feared a second wave of unrest at the end of a match Rangers won 2-0.

----------

Just a bit of the craic n aw 'at lol :D

Despicable. No doubt KH will find a defence. Can't wait for this one :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
You reap what you sew.

Well done to the Celtic players involved, i'm just sorry i wasn't there to lend them a hand.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's the Lennon/Juanjo incident on Scotsport :)

You reap what you sew eh?

"Aw naw it's racism when it's done tae wee Lenny n aw at"

I suppose the Spaniard actually poked him in the eye eh KH?

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Don't be so cynical Delantero. King Henrik has never been one to exhibit blinkered views when it comes to his club. I'm sure he'll be first to condemn Lennon as soon as he reads your post.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
A female steward is also believed to have been struck in the melee that ensued.
Its a pity that Keith Jackson never actually told the readers who struck the female steward.She was booted with force by Lovenkrands according to witnesses in the tunnel.No doubt a case of mistaken identity,or maybe he likes to pick on those who do not retaliate. :yuck:

Well done :) Most others would have sued him for damages.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
ROMA 10 said:
Its a pity that Keith Jackson never actually told the readers who struck the female steward.She was booted with force by Lovenkrands according to witnesses in the tunnel.No doubt a case of mistaken identity,or maybe he likes to pick on those who do not retaliate. :yuck:

Well done :) Most others would have sued him for damages.
Where did you get this information?

·
Registered
461 Posts
King_Henrik said:
You reap what you sew.

Well done to the Celtic players involved, i'm just sorry i wasn't there to lend them a hand.
Shameful, even more so than anything Lovenkrands did.

DO you hope that the Livi fans go and pummel Lennon after his cough acting cough? Or is it just one way? DO I really need to ask?

Do you want to lend a hand to people those who made death threats to Novo too? :eekani:

I hope not, but that is a poor attitude to take on the situation mate.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I heard it was Balde and Sutton! Then another than it was Marshall who got the stewardess, Roma has heard it was Lovenkrands! There is lots of different versions, I wonder what really happened. I thought they had cameras in the tunnel?

This happened before remember Celtic v Barça on the UEFA Cup?

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Laddie said:
Shameful, even more so than anything Lovenkrands did.

DO you hope that the Livi fans go and pummel Lennon after his cough acting cough? Or is it just one way? DO I really need to ask?

Do you want to lend a hand to people those who made death threats to Novo too? :eekani:

I hope not, but that is a poor attitude to take on the situation mate.
Lovenkrands had it coming to him after his cringeworthy behaviour to get Thompson sent off. Simple as that.

As for Novo, of course i don't condone that sort of thing, it's as sickening as stamping on someone's head. I trust you were equally as condemning on the both occasions that Neil Lennon was subject to similar abuse from Rangers fans though?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well I didnt want to help people beat the crap out of him no. And if I had been on here and seen those posts I would have said something too. While what he did was wrong and embarrassing, who are we to dish out punishment on these people?

Just my opinion on it all mate, we may just see things differently. :)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Nice body swerve there by KH on the Lennon question. It was definitely no different from Lennon pretending to be hit by Juanjo and the SFA rightly let Juanjo off with it. For O'Neill to say what he said about Lovenkrands' actions after praising a player who was just as guilty earlier in the season in Aberdeen shows the mentality of the guy and just what tunnel vision he has.
It's not the first time that Celtic have been involved in a tunnel incident and it showed be condemned but fair play to Rangers who have decided not to be as petty as Celtic and appeal every little thing. My money would be on Sutton hitting Lovenkrands though because it's the only reason I can think of for his apparent willingness to get sent off in the second half and he didn't look to bothered when he walked off for an early bath. If someone did strike a female steward then to be fair I'd think it was probably accidental and I don't think any player on the park that do would be so cowardly as to hit a woman intentionaly. That said though if the players had conducted themselves properly to begin with then it would not have happened.
Good to see O'Neill telling the SFA that they will recind the card without question and the SFA turning around and not doing it. How petted a lip must he have had when he heard that? It was the right decision no doubt. Lovenkrands made a meal of it but Thompson didn't need to get involved and didn't need to put his face where he did.

To be fair to the SFA though they have at least ackowledged the problem and tried to find a solution to this disease which plagues our game. They have asked Thompson to try the following prescription:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
It was definitely no different from Lennon pretending to be hit by Juanjo and the SFA rightly let Juanjo off with it.
But the SFA didn't let Thompson off with it. Please explain why you think this is the case.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
mincecfc said:
But the SFA didn't let Thompson off with it. Please explain why you think this is the case.
Lennon making falling to the ground with no contact was no different from Lovenkrands falling to the ground with little or no contact from Thompson. Quite rightly though Juanjo was let off because he did not touch Lennon despite Lennon pretending that he had.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
Lennon making falling to the ground with no contact was no different from Lovenkrands falling to the ground with little or no contact from Thompson. Quite rightly though Juanjo was let off because he did not touch Lennon despite Lennon pretending that he had.
Are you honestly trying to tell us that from the grainy, pixelated images of the Lennon / Juanjo incident that you or indeed anyone could actually tell what happened?

Also, Novo was let off of his red card v hibs, despite CLEAR TV evidence showing him kicking and punching (albeit in a very gay manner) another player.

So, why was Thompson not let-off? Why is his case different to either of those mentioned above?

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
The difference is the intent in the Novo case was debatable and even Rocastle said it didn't deserve a red card. In that case both players didn't see anything wrong, very different from the Thompson/Lovenkrands case.
The Lennon incident might have been pixelated in the view you watched but it wasn't in the one I watched. It was clear that Lennon took a dive.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
The difference is the intent in the Novo case was debatable and even Rocastle said it didn't deserve a red card. In that case both players didn't see anything wrong, very different from the Thompson/Lovenkrands case.
The intent was debatable? Well then, please debate it for me. What do you think his intentions were? I know what I think. Novo has been exhibiting his violent intent for the last 3 matches.

chivoexpiatorio said:
The Lennon incident might have been pixelated in the view you watched but it wasn't in the one I watched. It was clear that Lennon took a dive.
No it wasn't. The footage was awful and to suggest otherwise is stupid. Or perhaps you saw different footage from everyone else? Regardless, it was certainly CRYSTAL CLEAR to everyone who saw it that Cheater Lovenkrands took a major dive in the Thompson incident. So, again, I'll ask - why the difference in the handling of these cases?

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
The footage was clear enough to be used by a SFA video review panel so what tape were you watching?
That same review panel which do not have a bias to either side of the old firm saw fit to uphold Thompson's red card. As I said before even if Lovenkrands had stood his ground Thompson would have walked because you can't just go around sticking your head into people's faces in the way Thompson did. Juanjo had his back to Lennon whereas Thompson went face to face with Lovenkrands they were visibly different. Don't take my word for that though with my biased Rangers opinion take the opinion of an independant video review panel who say the same thing.
On Novo- why was the intent debatable? If you want to kick someone then it's not too difficult to do. It was at best a flick. If there was real intent there he would have had a real kick at him. I think reducing the red card to a yellow was correct, the Hibs player thought it was correct, after seeing the incident for himself referee Willie Young thought it was correct and an independant video review panel obviously took the decision which was correct. Apparently though everyone is wrong and you are right.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
That same review panel which do not have a bias to either side of the old firm
:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

chivoexpiatorio said:
As I said before even if Lovenkrands had stood his ground Thompson would have walked because you can't just go around sticking your head into people's faces in the way Thompson did. Juanjo had his back to Lennon whereas Thompson went face to face with Lovenkrands they were visibly different. Don't take my word for that though with my biased Rangers opinion take the opinion of an independant video review panel who say the same thing.
Lovenkrands moved his head towards Thompson first - see THIS video - why did the SFA not pick up on that? It is utterly ludicrous to suggest that Thompson headbutted Lovenkrands - if you think that constitutes a headbutt, your not living in the real world. Lovenkrands is a cheating, diving wee bastard, I hope a Celtic player gives him a real reason to be rolling around in agony next time we meet.

chivoexpiatorio said:
On Novo- why was the intent debatable?
Your the one who said it was ! reminder?

chivoexpiatorio said:
The difference is the intent in the Novo case was debatable
chivoexpiatorio said:
If you want to kick someone then it's not too difficult to do. It was at best a flick. If there was real intent there he would have had a real kick at him. I think reducing the red card to a yellow was correct, the Hibs player thought it was correct, after seeing the incident for himself referee Willie Young thought it was correct and an independant video review panel obviously took the decision which was correct. Apparently though everyone is wrong and you are right.
If you want to headbutt someone then it's not too difficult to do. It was at best a flick. If there was real intent there he would have had a real headbutt at him. I think not reducing the red card to a yellow was incorrect.

Regardless of if it was a flick or not, it wasn't a flick at the ball, also there was a punch too. His intent wasn't anything to do with playing football, that's for sure. Novo's a wee scumbag - in the past 3 matches, he's kicked and punched a Hibs player, stamped on a Celtic players head and had a kick at a GAK player - all nowhere near the ball. He's another one I hope to see getting booted right up into the air soon.

The Thompson incident was Unsporting behaviour at worst, never in a million years was it violent conduct. But, thanks to that bastion of equality, the SFA, we lose a key player for three matches for that pathetic incident.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Oh Parkhead paranoia rears it's head again. Is everyone really against Celtic? If so why do we only hear about it when it's not going their way?
Why was the intent debatable?- have a look again Mincey you posted that line after I post it was debatable originally. It was you who questioned what I wrote and that is why I answered.
It's obvious how hard you Celtic fans are taking this. Talking about wanting Lovenkrands and Novo kicked in the next game as a "scumbag" or a "bastard" shows that hurt. You guys really should try to handle defeat with a bit more dignity. It's so good to see how much Celtic from their fans, through the players all the way through to the manager are losing the plot because they can't take defeat. Long may it continue :happy:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts