Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Celtic boss Martin O'Neill has made a bid for Leicester midfielder Neil Lennon - and he intends to keep trying to persuade his Filbert Street successor Peter Taylor to sell.
O'Neill knows all about the Northern Ireland star and what he can bring to Parkhead, having signed him from Crewe.

With just Chris Sutton arriving at Celtic since O'Neill's appointment, the new manager is determined to renew his partnership with Lennon.

They would have to pay more than the £6m spent on Sutton and they are believed to have made an offer in the region of £6.5m for the talented 29-year-old.

Taylor is still reluctant to sell the player even though Lennon is keen on a move to Glasgow.

Fair offer

O'Neill said: "I did make what I considered a very fair offer for Neil Lennon and I spoke to Peter Taylor - but I haven't heard anything else and have no news regarding the situation.

"I'm only doing my job, and Peter is only doing his job. Peter doesn't obviously want to lose the player.

"I have worked with Neil for some years. I bought him from Crewe, but that doesn't give me any divine right to own the player. But he is a very good player, and Peter recognises that.

"I'll see what develops and I'll speak to Peter again and see how things develop from there. It's Leicester's prerogative to turn our offer down or accept it."

However, should O'Neill fail in his bid to land Lennon he admits he has made other offers and is optimistic of a positive outcome before the Celtic's league kick-off against Dundee United.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Ajax + Arsenal + Barcelona + .....

why dont you add lazio to your weelist of favourite teams? you never know they might make a tournament out of it, just for you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts