Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard this thurseday they gonna get invited to play the English Premier league next season.

Is that true?

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
The whole thing is starting to look like an attempt to spook the 10 rebel clubs. There is very little evidence with any substance that anything is going to change.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
My opinion on this if R & C are not playing in Nationwide Div 1 next season then next year will be there last in Scotland.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
its becomes increasingly unlikely as the days go by, i think the english are SCARED OF US! i dont see a sinlge PREMIERSHIP sidethat can beat celtic! i thnk we'd hamemrthem all, and after a season or two, mcleish would be doing the same.

p.s. LOVE THE NEW AVATAR CHELSEABEAR!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
English FA Block Celtic & Rangers Move To England
News Archive

No English switch for Celtic & Rangers (Allsport)
05/14/2002. The English FA have blocked any plans for Scottish giants Celtic and Rangers to join the English leagues.

The SPL is to break up in two years time, and it was widely hoped that the Glasgow pair could join the Nationwide league in England, however the FA have rejected any plans, stating that it would be against it's policy.

They released a statement which read, "The FA today made it clear that it would not sanction either Celtic or Rangers joining the Nationwide Football League. This was discussed at a recent board meeting. The FA have re-confirmed that such a move would be contrary to its policy and against the spirit of fair competition."

The FL are still looking into the possibility of the pair taking part in the Worthington Cup, however they would have to give up the UEFA Cup place should they win it and the FA are also in a position to block the move as well.

soccerage

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
It will still happen. They may not want it but without the Old firm Sky are not interested in buying the rights to Nationwide so either they have us or they go bust.

If I was a fan of say Stockport, Millwall(Thank god I'm not) or Norwich I know what I'd choose.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
i wish your words were true CB, but im not so sure :depress:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts