Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Contemplating between a Samsung Galaxy S4, and a Nexus 4 - not big on cellphones so help me out folks.
My reccomendation?

Go with HTC One dude.

Gadget of the 2013 and rightly so.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
A friend of mine said they break easily and the spare parts sold here are fakes.. heard good stuff about it tho.

Think I'll take the first advise and wait it out for the Nexus 5, though - for 300-350$ it's surely the best value for money out there once it's out, and should have everything I need.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
I still say the technology is being rolled out ahead of its time. Apart from the shortcomings such as as battery life, there's also the network coverage and the cost of mobile data traffic. Here in Holland not even the recently rolled out 4G network gives you good coverage and a contract with a 4GB data limit costs as much as 65 EUR a month. While watching just a single sports event will take roughly 1 GB of data traffic. Of course the battery will likely be empty before the final whistle is blown, but as it is there's simply no way to enjoy the full features that these phones are capable of.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Sadly no :D

I'd be thrilled if the Nexus 5 is out while they're still abroad before they come here, and are able to buy it for me there, take it out of the box, and skip the customs :righton:

I doubt it'll work out that way though, as I read it's due out late October? although some reports also said on the 14th so who knows.

It'll be sold here likely at the start of 2014, and the price will prolly be significantly higher so I might not wait that long - but let's see, hopefully it does come out on the 14th.. I heard the price is gonna be dirt cheap too for a new phone, around 300-350$ in the states.
If you don't mind Chinese stuff, look up xiaomi M3. If you do mind, stick with Nexus 4/5 as it has frequent updates.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
A friend of mine said they break easily and the spare parts sold here are fakes.. heard good stuff about it tho.

What do you mean break, physically?

Strange, cause HTC is much better built that Samsung and Nexus.
I had both of them and HTC is built of a better material.

·
Registered
59,074 Posts
dabdob;12533817[B said:
]If you don't mind Chinese stuff, look up xiaomi M3.[/B] If you do mind, stick with Nexus 4/5 as it has frequent updates.
:eek:

but how to get it in Holland or Belgium? :D or even Germany

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
:eek:

but how to get it in Holland or Belgium? :D or even Germany
You need a bank account, and physical address, then leave the rest to me.

I can also show you a direct way of buying it, but it's good to make 20 bucks out of you for demoting me :pp

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
What do you mean break, physically?

Strange, cause HTC is much better built that Samsung and Nexus.
I had both of them and HTC is built of a better material.
I'll testify to this...

HTC One is one hell of a phone.

So is LG! I've had LGs that fell out of my pocket and hit cement and they had no problem... not even a scuff. I think the LG G2 may be a little more fragile than my previous LGs, but it's one I might get. Still looks like a solid as heck phone. I love the G2's battery life.. killer.

LG and HTC are both steps above Samsung and Google phones IMHO.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Ok I'm sold with the marketing, I'm tempted so..who has a Xiamoi MI3...I'm really close to order one online (which is quite a risk in argieland)

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Ok I'm sold with the marketing, I'm tempted so..who has a Xiamoi MI3...I'm really close to order one online (which is quite a risk in argieland)
I got the Lenovo K900 back in August, and i am happy about it. i would have bought the MI3 had it been released earlier.

I will buy Xiaomi Hongmi in the next few days for my mom, though.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
So anybody bought the Nexus 5?

Mine supposed to ship November 5
I bought a white 32gb. Now I'm hearing though that it won't work on Verizon. :groan:

I guess I'll sell it to some Russian on ebay for a bit of profit then...

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
So anybody bought the Nexus 5?

Mine supposed to ship November 5
Since the Nexus 4 is good enough I'm skipping for the moment being.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Apple and Apple and nothinn' but Apple for me.

·
******!
3,187 Posts
things i look at most in phones

1. camera quality
2. chip strength (how well it can emulate playstation 1 games and stuff)
3. battery time
4. wifi strength

i'm really happy with the galaxy s4 now but i was tempted by the xperia z since i'm a bit of a sony pony. the camera reviews for the s4 were better though so i went with samsung for the first time.. the iphone is fookin great too, but it doesn't offer the same video game apps or 5 inch screen that i prefer.

btw if there's any way i can run the firefox os on my s4 and keep my video game apps and camera quality i would do it asap... mozilla :proud:

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Samsung Galaxy S6 is announced.

Discuss.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts