Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ina press confernce held last night Lorenzo Sanz confirmed the signings of Albert Celades from Real Club Celta de VIgo, and the real shocker - Santiago Solari from Atletico de Madrid! Hole crap! what do we need him for!? Another non EU and he will for sure be the back-up to Savio on the left wing! What a crap transfer, but at least he was cheap - 3 mln $. He also said, that Pires is not yet signed for sure...and he may not come at all, if this Solari stuff is true and it is. We don't need three left wingers!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, he used to play on the left wing. I remember when he used to do that in Marseille and he openly admits it's his natural position, so this may be troublesome. I don't see this transfer going through to be totaslly honest, but we'll see...

P

·
0 Posts
Yes, I'm still sad that he most likely won't be coming. I don't think the position would have made much difference to him: unlike a certain other Frenchman, he was willing to play where the coach wanted him.

P

·
0 Posts
This same other Frenchman who is out now having reinjured his knee (the one that kept him out of action for a few months in Madrid). He was quick to point out that this injury was beacause he wasn't used to playing regularly and how it had been over a year since he had done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts