Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have news from Spain (SPANIARD to be more precise :)) that there has been a brakethrough in the talks between Celta and Real Madrid. The teams have come to the conclusion that Real will buy one of the two - Albert Celades or Claude Makalele. We cannot buy them both though, only one! The price has not yet been uncovered, but I don't think that's all that big of a worry, as neither are world class. Now the question is which one do we pick? My opinion:
ALBERT CELADES, why?
1)He is formarly of FC Barcelona and it would be one heck of an achievment to make the Catalans pay for selling him. They've done it to us with Luis Enrique and Dani, so now we repay them.
2) he's more versatile than Claude - he can play defensive midfielder, or right winger like when he was in Barca.
3) I like him more :) :) :) hahaha

------------------
Patryk L. AKA labas

L

·
0 Posts
He is a far better player than Makelele and can also if needed fill in on sweeper role.

Also he's spanish and I like the new policy of mainly Spaniards and a few S.Americans like the days of old at Real. Aso Celades is younger.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why then is Makalele said to be the more likely transfer :) SPANIARD suggested it had something to od with internatonal expierience, but that baffled me even more as Claude barely ever plays for France! Wierd is all I can say... :(

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
It also comes down to our system of ranking. It is no secret that Real wants both, just realize that makalele is a better buy in their eyes. I really like both players, and if it comes down, we could get both if we wanted them :)

- I guarentee if a Defender leaves (Campo, Hierro,Karanka) that Celades will come.

D

·
0 Posts
I thought Celades was signed already, is he not? Oh well, regarding this topic, I'd go for Celades because he'll come for free, he's younger, he's Spanish and like Labas said, if we can make something out of him, we can get some revenge for Barca's getting Luis Enrique for free.

If we could get both though, why not? They're both good players although I don't quite understand how our system would be next year with them in the lineup. I'll trust Vicente Del Bosque on this one! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I also thought that Celedes was signed already!! Celta can only decide that they don't want to sell Makelele cause his still under a contract there. But to the question I would defintely choose Celedes.

Latest rumour from Eurosport is that Real Madrid have made a bid on Makelele on approximately $9 mio.

HALA MADRID

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Celades is not yet signed for sure. I have spoken with some people from Spain and all of them say the same thing - the transfer is not finalised and has not therefore yet been officialy anounced :(

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, that's pretty "good" news. That leaves us with Celades. What worries me though is the Anelka speculation. Is this perhaps the first signal that Nic WILL be leaving after all? I take Sanz for his word after the CL final and hope he stays... :)

D

·
0 Posts
Translated from Marca today:

Lorenzo Sanz discards the draftee of Makelele

The president of Real Madrid, Lorenzo Sanz, has discarded today the draftee of the French player of the Celta of Vigo Claude Makelele to consider that the price that the Galician club requests is very high.
" the price that has requested to us is not the one that we think that it is worth the player and for that reason does not interest to us ", has declared Sanz in the closing of days on sport medicine that organizes the Foundation of Real Madrid. Sanz did not want to talk about to other players who can arrive at the white assembly and either made no declaration on the possible exit of Anelka.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts