Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a bit of problem. I've got a few of CDs all of which are about 2-3 years old and have been listened to semi-regularly which I can no longer listen to because of the constant skipping. They've only really been subject to "normal" wear and tear and I can't see any scratches or anything on the CD, but they just won't play properly. Thing is, there's loads of other CDs I listen to alot more regularly and have visible scratches and they play fine.

What's the deal? How do you stop it from happening? Can you make any claim for a refund against the manufacturer? Would getting a better CD player help?

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
if you cant see the scratches then you may be able to fix it just by giving the CD a clean. theres a liquid cleaner you can get that that you put on with a bit of anti-static cloth (similiar to the little cloth that is used for cleaning sunglasses) then you have to wipe from the centre outwards in a straight line rather than a circular motion. they should probably work again after you do that.

it's also possible to repair some scratched CDs but i've never tried that so dont know what to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts