Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mallorca vs FC Barcelona
Ono Estadi (Mallorca) | Wed, 4 March | 22:00

Mallorca are in good form. They got 10 pts out 12 in the last 4 league games while only conceding one goal.

Underestimating the Balearic outfit could see us witness another Getafe type of game and it's the last thing we need in the current circumstances. A good result is needed to recover a much needed confidence.

Probable line-up:
Pinto
Puyol-Piqué-Caceres-Sylvinho
Busquets
Xavi-------Keita
Hleb--------------Pedro
Bojan

SOM-HI BARÇA
!!​

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
We have to pass thrue. Another Getafe-case would make me crazy. If that happens we'll lose it all this season, I can see every player start shaking like leaves if we mess up here and blow away la copa. We need this as a moral boost overall.

Attack should be IMO.

Hleb - Bojan - Iniesta

Hopefully Iniesta will bring back our good play that left with him (exept Betis).

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd LOVE to see Iniesta. We missed him so much but it's not even sure he's gonna get called up and assuming he does he won't be risked from the start. He's far too valuable for the next games especially with Xavi's slumber.

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
This is a big game but I think Xavi and Puyol should be rested for this one, they haven't had a break in a while now and next week's game against Bilboa is crucial.

Andres back for this one?

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who's gonna take their place ? V.Sanchez and Guddy? I don't see it. I want them to have a break because they clearly need it but I'm sure Pep is gonna have some first teamers out there. We just cannot afford to lose the Copa.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
I dont want to go through with a 1-0 lose i want a win there...

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
Who's gonna take their place ? V.Sanchez and Guddy? I don't see it. I want them to have a break because they clearly need it but I'm sure Pep is gonna have some first teamers out there. We just cannot afford to lose the Copa.
I hear you. I don't know, I'd say rest Puyol over Marquez but then again a Marquez-Pique backline looked shaky at times. If Iniesta is healthy then I'd start him instead of Xavi with Keita next to him.

Henry had a decent week and I'd start him upfront with Bojan on the left.

Pinto
Caceres-Marquez-Pique-Sylvinho
Busquets
Iniesta-------Keita/Guddy
Hleb--------------Bojan
Henry​

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
I'd play a virtual full strength side in this game. Mallorca are in form and we simply MUST reach the final. For confidence and especially for the fact that its been too long since last time. If we're controlling the game comfortably then sub 3 guys out for some rest.

Maybe:

Pinto
Alves-Piqué/Puyol-Marquez-Puyol/Syl
Busquets
Xavi/Hleb-------Keita
Messi--------------Bojan
Etoo​

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Start with this:

Hleb/Gudjohnsen - Bojan - Pedro
Keita - Gudjohnsen/Hleb
Busquets
Sylvinho - Caceres - Pique - Alves/Puyol
Pinto​

I think Alves is suspended next league game so he can start this game and sit out the Athletic game or if he's not then Puyol to take his place. I'd like to see Milito and Iniesta to get some minutes in the end depending on the scoreline by that time.

Mallorca won't be an easy game. After seeing our latest results, their belief is stronger than ever.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Should be a straight forward victory. Can't see you guys faltering here, although Arango has been hot.

I'll predict 3-1 for you guys.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Well I'm hoping we can bounce back from that defeat last night. I'm pretty sure they will score a goal since we've been defending like a pub team recently.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
After the last two years where we choked in the semi-finals I'm not expecting anything.

·
Registered
69,972 Posts
We have so few options in attack...talk about a short squad.

In theory, if we score one goal there shouldn´t be problems.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Iniesta has been given the green light to play today. Not sure whether he will play this game but this a very good news for us. We missed his presence badly.

On another completely different note, I like what EMD did today. I mean this whole mini-crisis has been overblown to absurd proportions and it was nice to see the media for once supporting the team instead of panicking and looking for scapegoats.
We should all stop complaining and get behind the team. :hopeful:

VISCA EL BARÇA

1 - 20 of 210 Posts