1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FC BARCELONA vs ATLETICO MADRID
Camp Nou (Barcelona) | Wed, Jan 14 | 22:00
3-1 on agg.

Second leg of the 1/8 finals of the Copa del Rey. After the brilliant 1-3 result the team achieved in the Vicente Calderón stadium, the team must finish the job.

The result of the first leg was very good, but the team must focus in this game, especially during the first minutes of it, in order to avoid any kind of surprise. Atletico Madrid, despite their current bad moment and internal crisis, are a talented team that can surprise anyone in any moment.

Probably, Guardiola won't need the best possible XI to win this game, but he must assure that team keeps the concentration in this game. The players must realize that we're near the QFs, where we'd meet the winner of the Espanyol-Poli Ejido game. Basically, we have a good chance to get near the final games of this competition, where we are the kings of cups. 11 years are too much, let's go for it.

FORÇA BARÇA!

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Hmm...it's awkward. Theoretically, we should be alright, but Atletico are a FAR better team than their recent form would show. Maybe keep Jesus on the bench, to keep him fresh but ready in case things go bad. If we play well, maybe another good win particularly if we score first. A score draw might be the most likely result, as long as we close it out and move to the next round.

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
Even though we have the upper hand and can settle for a draw but I think Atletico got nothing to lose and will play an all out game. We should be careful.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Let's just not screw this one. In a way, this game has written "disaster" all over it. Remember Getafe?

Obviously Pep is going to rest some important players (Xavi and Messi were in this FIFA event yesterday, those two are good candidates, I'd say rest Alves, but the guy is a machine, he played for years without an injury longer then a week), AND he must choose the lineup based on mental characteristics. Which one never relax, and always give their maximum? Which one will take this copa game as an opportunity to prove to the coach, that he should be played more and give his maximum. Etc, etc. Regardless and still, we need some star players in the lineup which can decide a game by one genious move, so Iniesta should be in (he's rested enough) and one of Eto'o/Henry.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Let's flucking do it! If we do the job on wednesday, we'll practically play relegation battlers UNTIL THE FINALS. It's true, this title is so easy to take this year, that it makes me suspicious asking myself Where's the catch? Too good to be true.

Do it, FGS, OR YOU'LL ALL EXPERIENCE BARCOSLAV'S WRATH. You may not know what I mean by it, because there's noone witnessing it to tell you what I mean. AND THIS WITH A REASON!

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Xavi and Messi will probably sit this one out. I can see players like Guddy, Bojan, Pedro, Sylvinho, Cáceres etc play. Hopefully they will all be concentrated the whole match. Two fast goals for Atléti and it's all open again.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
The result is completely irrelevant, so long as we qualify. If it's 0-2 and Barcelona in the next round, that's fine by me!!

Just qualify and like Barco said, take this trophy more or less with ease.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
3-0 for us :)

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Confirmed line-up:
Coupet; Antonio López, Pablo, Perea, Pernía; Camacho, Raúl García, Éver, Simão; Sinama-Pongolle and Kun Agüero.

Seitaridis, Maxi, Heitinga and Maniche out with injuries, while Forlán, Bernabé and Domínguez aren't called up.

Are we looking at another classic? :D

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Confirmed line-up:
Coupet; Antonio López, Pablo, Perea, Pernía; Camacho, Raúl García, Éver, Simão; Sinama-Pongolle and Kun Agüero.

Seitaridis, Maxi, Heitinga and Maniche out with injuries, while Forlán, Bernabé and Domínguez aren't called up.

Are we looking at another classic? :D
How can the line-up be confirmed one day ahead? :drunk:

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
I thought Atléti and Athletic liked each other? :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
What kind of wheather is it in Barcelona now? I´m going to see the game against Depor and wonder what kind of clothes I need.

Thanks

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
How can the line-up be confirmed one day ahead? :drunk:
Because that's Aguirres way of coaching, he confirms his line-up's the day before on the press-conference :wallbang:

Atleti fans last weekend: :D

[tub]x5a_TsJmrGE[/tub]
That's nothing to be proud of, it's just stupid really.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
to be honest whenever I see something like this I feel deeply sorry for the true fans of the team in question, because they'd be tagged as trouple makers or hooligans or ultras because bunch of stupid drunk assholes acted like brats and did something bad..

I am a Barcelonista and I do feel shame whenever I see Boxios Nois do something such as this, and it hurts me more whenever someone braise them or even relate my club to them..

zoric no worries mate, I know some of Atletico fans didn't like it, still they can't help in stopping it if the managment itself don't act about it..

back to topic :

Barcelona should go in fast for an early goal because its the big key to this game, if we score it Atletico will need to go all out to over come it with 3 goals, but if they score an early goal they'll get the believe inside of them that they only need 2 more, and for sure that will put us in a position we don't want to be in..

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
No time to relax as Atleti are capable of scoring 3 goals and their front line is very potent. Before the first leg game i was mad at Pep for fielding somewhat a B team but in the end the boys showed what they are capable of. Specially Messi.

No underestimating, have to play like we play every opponent - defend by possession of the ball and try to play attacking football.

Hope to see Bojan and he will get on the scoresheet as he badly needs it. Maybe Henry will have his day off ?

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Confirmed line-up
Pinto
Alves-Caceres-Marquez-Sylvinho
Touré
Guddy-------Busquets
Hleb------------------Iniesta
Bojan

Good team. The lack of real goalscoring players is my only worry. We should go through though.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Another B team but hopefully it is enough to get through. Are Messi, Etoo, Henry on the bench at least ?

Hope we dont get burnt.

·
Premium Member
7,160 Posts
Bench: Jorquera, Puyol, Messi, Keita, Abidal

1 - 20 of 125 Posts