Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough game in the Copa at the Calderon. The rojiblancos will be firep up to get their revenge following the 6-1 thumping earlier of the season.

Aguirre has already announced his starting line-up and Aguero will start on the bench which good news for us. Sinama-Pongolle will replace the tricky Argentine upfront.

Pep, on the other hand, has decided to leave MANY starters including Eto'o, Xavi, Valdes, Puyol ,Hleb, Marquez and Guddy in Barcelona.
Here's the list of the available players: Pinto, Jorquera, Piqué, Iniesta, Henry, Cáceres, Sylvinho, Bojan, Messi, Alves, Abidal, Keita, Touré Yaya, Busquets, Víctor Sánchez y Pedro.

Probable line-up:
Pinto
Alves-Piqué-Caceres-Abidal
Busquets
Iniesta---------Keita
Messi--------------Henry
Bojan

CDR | 1rst leg | Estadio Vicente Calderon (20h CET)

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Yaych. My first thought was why leaving that many starters in Barcelona, but Valdes was somehow expected, Gudjohnsen is not really a factor, and Puyol, Marquez and Hleb are slightly injured, so he practically left out only Eto'o and Xavi.

I agree with your lineup, it's the most probable, but my main concern is CB pairing Caceres-Pique, it really frightens me. I hope/count he'll go with Abidal-Pique, and play Caceres/Sylvinho/V. Sanchez at LB.

EDIT: Btw, Carles, WE WANT BADGES! No thread should start without badges! Badges are what we want. Badges calm my fear about Pique-Caceres pair going against Forlan-Kun.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
I hope for a good result...

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Abidal doesn't inspire me confidence either as a CB. I prefer to have him at LB and Caceres in the center rather than Sylvinho who's too attacking minded or Caceres/Sanchez (god forbid) who rarely play there.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Carles, stop wasting time replying to annoying posters AND RATHER INSERT BADGES IN OPENING POST, for gods' sake.

About rarely playing, I've seen Caceres playing more minutes at LB (Uruguay) than as CB (FCB).

Why doesn't Abidal inspire you at possible CB, whenever I see him playing as a LB, I get an inspirational thought, here we see a solid defender, who's been forced by some unlucky twist of destiny to play as fullback instead of central defender.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
I agree with Barcoslav on this one, actually in the previous game against Mallorca Pep shifted Abidal to the middle and brought in Sylvinho. I am taking a guess here, but maybe he was trying things and this what we might expect, Abdial and Pique in the middle while Caceres occupies the LB spot.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Confirmed line-up for Atléti:
Coupet; Seitaridis, Heitinga, Perea, Antonio López; Assunção, Maniche, Maxi, Simão; Forlán and Sinama-Pongolle.

Don't thump them 6-0 at Vicente Calderón again, especially now that Kun is on the bench.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Not a bad team but for the defence of Pique and Caceres.It is an away game and Messi anyway didn't play at the weekend and Iniesta gets a start after some minutes and a goal against Mallorca.

Pique has huge responsibility as he has to build the game and the same for Busquets even though Keita is there to muscle up in midfield.Busquets anyways is too mean ass already for Raul Garcia and Maniche.

Aguero may have to be handled by Caceres and the Argie-Uruguay duel could be classic,if Caceres does well against Aguero,he could prove a point though it is highly unlikely to be happen.

The right wing Rangers Alves and Messi r back and with Iniesta and Bojan,should be great and it will be funny for Ujfalusi and Heitinga again.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Aguero may have to be handled by Caceres and the Argie-Uruguay duel could be classic,if Caceres does well against Aguero,he could prove a point though it is highly unlikely to be happen
Kun isn't even starting.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Looking at the squads, this might end up like those classic Atletico vs Barca matches of the 90s, where there were tons of goals and defensive coaches were killing themselves en masse. :D:D
You've got something like this in mind:

[tub]5SgnGwJMrGc[/tub]

Pantić :proud:

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Those were the days, but in all honesty, I don't really have high hopes for Atlético in this game. The team just isn't there mentally compared to Barcelona.

·
Registered
297 Posts
well jorquera/pinto are at the same level as vitor baia so there is a chance of goals!

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
well jorquera/pinto are at the same level as vitor baia so there is a chance of goals!
:howler:

I won't complain as long as it's entertaining :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 174 Posts