1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FC BARCELONA vs RCD ESPANYOL
Camp Nou (Barcelona) | Wed, Jan 28 | 21:30
0-0 on agg.

Barcelona are a step far from the semifinals of the Copa del Rey. After the 0-0 of Montjuïc, our team face a really good chance to reach the semifinals of this competition, where we'd meet the winner of the Betis-Mallorca game (if I'm not wrong).

The result is tricky, a 0-0 is dangerous, if we receive an away goal, so the team must look for the victory, but taking care with their counters. In the first leg, Pocchetino's Espanyol was agressive and gave their best to get a good result. Personally, I don't expect the same brave attitude, but a team that sits back to wait for a counter. Then, the team must try to score as soon as possible to get them out of their hole.

Our rival will probably field their best XI in order to look for the victory against their worst enemy. Our team must not forget that a triumph against Espanyol is always special for the fans. Besides, the socis are willing to travel to Valencia to raise the 25th.

BARCELONA BLAUGRANA!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Losing this would be a cold shower at this moment. I really want to reach the final, I do since long long ago, since I keep great memories of this tournament. I'm sure that those who are old enough to remember the triumphs in this tournament, the memories can be as good as the ones of the European competitions.

[tub]MlYE_G3q3Os[/tub]

Check out how the referees have always been... :eek:
[tub]iKLZmb1IINM[/tub]

Is it to hate them or not?
[tub]g4z8RDqXxJc[/tub]

Grande Quini!
[tub]lZYx4Oijmqg[/tub]

REMONTADA!
[tub]JIShXXWDr8A[/tub]

[tub]jlk4BHYR7HI[/tub]

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Question to you guys.. Is this game played on Wed or Thur? GolTV saying Thursday, livesoccertv Wednesday. Livescore says Thursday... Anyone have the official game time and date?

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
It would be great to win the double, we've got the team for it and we're looking as good as ever. Just hope the amount of matches won't come back to haunt us when it's crunch time in the CL.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
0-0 in the first leg of the Cup quarter finals and we go back to the Nou Camp in the return leg for what i can best describe as a tricky advantage.

While we are very strong at home going forward we risk more than ever a counter attack and an away goal. The price is elimination from the cup and we must be careful going forward

The opponent: Espanyol have recently changed managers but are still one spot from the bottom of the standings in La Liga. They are the dirtiest team in La Liga having received the most yellow/red cards in Spain this year. This coupled with their profound hatred for Fc Barcelona sets this game into an electric boiling atmosphere even before it begins.

I hope that our players keep their heads cool and look to stuff goals past Espanyol without getting into useless scuffles with a segunda team suffering from chronic inferiority in the great city Barcelona.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I don't like this scorline one bit. Yes we should start our best but for some reason I dont think Pep will. The concentration must be at maximum here.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Even if we don't field our best eleven, we should still win.

Espanyol aren't nearly strong enough to cause us problems, but it's the psychological burden of knowing it's our fierce rival that will make it harder for us. Any team with pericos' strength would be blown away easily.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
4-0 this is the final result =).

·
Registered
744 Posts
The time for this game keeps on switching. Does anyone know the exact day this game is to be played. Today or tomorrow. GOLTv now says its today. the fcbarcelona.com says its tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
7,160 Posts
Thursday, 29.1.2009, 21:30 CET.

Official Barca site is your best and only friend in such questions. ;)

·
Registered
70,194 Posts
I don´t know why 2 games are played tomorrow and 2 today on Wednesday. But this is how well Spanish football is organized.

Mallorca will be our rival in semifinals if we can qualify.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
The Espanyol match list:
Kameni, Cristian Álvarez, Torrejón, Lacruz, Sergio Sánchez, Finnan, Jarque, Chica, Ángel, Lola, Rufete, Javi Márquez, Coro, Jonathan, Callejón, Dídac Vilà.

Tamudo, de la Penya, Moises and Valdo are injured.

Espanyol plays a survival battle with Recre on Sunday, so Pochettino decided to rest Nene, Luis Garcia, Pareja, Roman Martinez and Beranger. In theory this holds for de la Penya too, who's officialy injured, but expected to play on Sunday.

So, Espanyol is weakened, event though this is derby, and those who'll play, will do above their best.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts