Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1-0 down from the first leg, thought this game was worthy of it's own thread now seeing as it's a chance to go to Wembley and compete for yet another trophy this season.

Tosic set to make his debut here, I would imagine he'll come off the bench seeing as Park was rested yesterday and Nani will no doubt start on the other wing.

2-0 to United, Tevez and Welbeck with the goals.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Tosic won't play on Wednesday, he's just been bought to bolster the reserve team.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Surely it deserves an own thread, but its´s the less important of all the possible trophies. I more have an eye on the FA Cup next weekend, so I´d rest everyone who is seen in the starting line up for that. Time for players like Nani to show something.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Nani has to make his chances count. He so has fallen off the pecking order, that it is not funny. From being the top assister in a team that includes Rooney and Ronaldo, to not even being on the bench for many games.

He has gone so backwards, that if he wants a future, he has to definitely improve on the second half of the season. Also, hope that Anderson scores at last:) and that Carlitos has a good all round performance.

Expecting Welbeck to shine again:)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nani has only started 3 games in the league this season, and has scored once and set up several.

How can you go backwards when you're not playing as much as before? He has started 5 cup games and scored 3 goals.

He's being given a raw deal , even if SAF is giving him time, obviously it isn't working. He's the sort of player that needs to be playing regularly and we've been playing Park ahead of him for too much.

Sort it out SAF, I know he played a lot more games than people expected last season but he was excellent for us, so keep him in the team. We'd be a far better attacking unit with a fully fit and confident Nani in the side.

Just hate how people seem to be calling him shit, when he's barely played at all.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Of course I agree with that. His first start in the league was in bloody October, and this whilst Ronaldo was out.

He has to be played more often, as the less he has played, the worse he is looking. He definitely has potential, so really hope he makes the little chances he gets count, so he rises up the pecking order.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that last bit was just directed at the general feeling of quite a lot of people, sorry if that caused confusion.

And I can only echo your sentiments, it's just become a bit of a vicious circle since that suspension he had in the start of the season due to that silly altercation with Lucas Neill.

·
Major
1,342 Posts
Nani has to make his chances count. He so has fallen off the pecking order, that it is not funny. From being the top assister in a team that includes Rooney and Ronaldo, to not even being on the bench for many games.

He has gone so backwards, that if he wants a future, he has to definitely improve on the second half of the season.
Expecting Welbeck to shine again:)
Nani is just progressing i guess. He will come out fine. I think this season he will struggle and next season will surely be a hit.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
both nani and tevez deserved more playing time this season, however at least tevez has a strong competition in rooney and berba, Nani on the other hand...

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
-----------------------------VDS----------------------

-----Rafael-----vidic----evans-----Oshea---

-------------carrick----scholes----------

-----nani----------------------------park-------

--------------Welback-------Tevez------

3-0........

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Losing would be embarrassing but persist with the kids, I did enjoy watching them play in the comp before

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
both nani and tevez deserved more playing time this season, however at least tevez has a strong competition in rooney and berba, Nani on the other hand...
Nani's been shite in a red shirt so far this season lets be honest.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts

3-0........
Good line-up. Maybe witout Vida in the starting 11, to give him a break. He doesnt have to play every match I think. And this one isn´t so important.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Sorry, I just skipped to the end there didn't I?

·
Registered
16 Posts

3-0........
Vidic and Carrick are not playing tonight.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Team newz

Foster

Rafael
Evans
Neville
JOS

Giggs
Gibson
Anderson

Nani
Welbeck
Tevez

Bench: Ronaldo, Tosic, Chester, Scholes, Kuszczak, Fletcher, Possebon

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
No Vida, as I said it. Still enough quality in attack to score some.

3-1. Nani and Tevez (2)

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Anyone got a live stream?

1 - 20 of 97 Posts