Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spurs are the holders of the league cup and they've defended their trophy all the way to visit Wembley for the second year running after they beat Chelsea last season. United stand in their way of retaining the cup and with it being a Wembley final I think we'll see quite a strong side. Gibson has been guaranteed a place but with Anderson injured and Scholesy rested against Inter I think it's obvious the Ginger 'un will start another final at Wembley. Rooney might also be in from the start along with top scorer Tevez after only playing for 10 minutes against Inter.

Think we'll have yet another trophy celebration this season, 2-1 to United with Tevez and Rooney scoring. :thumbsup: :hopeful:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Considering we are in the Final, even if Fergie fields kids, I really hope it is a good side that can win it.

Would love to see Fabio, Possebon, Welbeck, Nani and Foster getting starts.

·
Registered
741 Posts
A nice mixture of energetic youth with experience would be good to see. it'll be good for the youngsters to celebrate a cup victory at Wembley.

A win here would give everyone a lift, similar effect to winning the Club World Club Cup World Trophy and hopefully be able to continue our good form.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
It'll be alright. Waiting to hear about a spare, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
2-0 victry for us here. Welbeck and Tevez with the probable goals.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
--------------Foster
Rafael-----Vidic-----Evans----Evra
Wellbeck---Gibson---Scholes---Nani
----------Rooney--Tevez

(If Rafael isn't fit then I guess Sheasy would start)

Decent mixture of youth/fringe players and first-teamers.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
--------------Foster
Rafael-----Vidic-----Evans----Evra
Wellbeck---Gibson---Scholes---Nani
----------Rooney--Tevez

(If Rafael isn't fit then I guess Sheasy would start)

Decent mixture of youth/fringe players and first-teamers.
That's the team I would start, and I reckon the actual team Fergie picks for Sunday won't be far from that.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I want to see Gibson-Possebon, atleast for the first half.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I want to see Gibson-Possebon, atleast for the first half.
True. I like vedz' lineup I don't know about Rodrigo and Gibbo starting together. If the game's going our way Rodrigo might get a lil run out and flaunt it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Anderson starts for the reserves tonight and will hopefully be fit to start on sunday

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I totally agree that some of the kids should play. They deserve to play this because they played a big part in this competition so far. Nevertheless it´s a final....so I could imagine everyone wants to play it. Someone like Ronaldo won´t be happy to be on the bench or tribune only.

·
Banned
564 Posts
Rita, our reserves are as good as Spurs

Ronaldo will have to bite his lip and get on with it

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well Rafael didn't make the trip. He'll need at least another week for his ankle to heal up. Poor lad.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Rafael will miss Sunday's Carling Cup final and a further month of action, having suffered a fractured ankle.

The 18-year-old, who has been a revelation in his first season at Old Trafford, sustained the injury in last weekend's victory over Blackburn, and Sir Alex Ferguson admits it is a heartbreaking setback for the Brazilian.

"Rafael is out for a month with a slight hairline fracture of his ankle," he told his pre-match press conference. “It’s a blow for the kid because he’s been playing in all the games and he’s done so well. He deserves to be in the final.”

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Pavlyuchenko bombshell - I dream of playing for United and Berbatov is an 'arrogant snob', says Spurs striker Roman

Roman Pavlyuchenko has rocked Tottenham's Carling Cup final preparations by admitting he would rather be playing for Manchester United - while branding Dimitar Berbatov an "arrogant snob".

I have a dream: Spurs No 9, Roman Pavlyuchenko, wants to be Manchester United's No 1

Spurs fans will no doubt be angered by the comments from the £13.8million buy from Spartak Moscow as they go into the Sunday's Wembley clash against Sir Alex Ferguson's team.

Asked by a Russian journalist whether he wanted to play for United, Pavlyuchenko declared: "It would be wrong not to dream about this.

"I have realised that the English Premier League is exactly why you should start playing football in the first place.

"And Manchester United is the leader of it. Once your first dream comes true you must start dreaming of another target."

But in saying how pleased he was to team up with Robbie Keane at Spurs, he was scathing about Berbatov, who made the move from White Hart Lane to Old Trafford.

"Robbie Keane returned to the Spurs as if he never left the club," he told Gazeta Daily in Moscow.

"It's evident that he's a man of authority inside the team which is good for us. He was always liked as far as I can judge.

"If Berbatov returned it would be taken quite differently. I heard tales that he was an arrogant snob who after a training session would just throw his dirty boots to the man who takes care of our footwear saying: 'Clean them for me!'

"No one likes such people. Still he's now playing for Manchester United."

The Russia international went on to speak about his rivalry with Darren Bent.

"There are no bitter feelings between us about being competitors," he said.

"Yes, in one of his interviews he threatened to leave if he's kept on the bench. But that's natural, no disrespect to me. I treat him as one of my partners. Competition is fine by me."

Pavlyuchenko said he was determined to show United how good he is in tomorrow's clash.

"I very much want to score in that match," he said.

"We lost to them in FA Cup. So the game is very important for us. First of all because it's about a title. In football you need to win titles.

"So far I have only won the Russian Cup with Spartak and would like to feel those winner's emotions again.

"Secondly, it's a ticket to the UEFA Cup. Third, it means a chance to avenge our previous loss.

And fourth, it will boost our self-assurance. It's hard to over-estimate the importance of that match." He hit back at critics who say he has failed to score as much in the league as in cup competitions.

"They are free to say whatever they want. I can only tell them that to play and score is hard in any game here.

"I wasn't inflicted with as many bumps, bruises and scars in my whole career in Russia as in a half a season in England. And I'm 27 years old."

But he stressed: "I can tell you more: despite all the bumps and problems I'm very happy. I've come into the world where they do everything so that playing football brought joy."

(dailymirror)

How can he judge about Berba, they´ve never played in a team together. That guy has a big mouth, talking like that is bad style. :yuck: Hope to see him crying after a bitter loss. Or missing the decisive penalty, would also be nice....

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One hand on the Premiership trophy should be a pretty nice boost for the lads ahead of the match. :flirt:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts