Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this on the Arseblog, explains a lot about our defensive problems this year - even without factoring the goalkeeping trauma and Gilberto's injury, the figure in brackets is the number of appearances together:

Toure Cygan (3)
Toure Hoyte (1)
Toure Cygan (2)
Toure Campbell (4)
Toure Cygan (4)
Toure Campbell (7)
Toure Senderos (1)
Toure Campbell (2)
Cygan Campbell (1)
Cygan Senderos (1)
Toure Cygan (1)
Senderos Cygan (2)
Toure Senderos (1)
Toure Cygan (1)

Just about sums up where it went wrong. :wallbang: :sigh:

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Yes it's a big factor. Ahh,I'd just love to see Campbell/Senderos for the next season. :thumbsup: :cool:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I'm confused.

Is this the number of appearances together IN A ROW?

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Interesting. Would be even more interesting to see how it went in all those games...
(Khimik, you don't have much to do today, right? Check it up! ;) :D hehe)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
losing Campbell is the biggest factor in shipping goals for sure, this has cause problems with the GK and Kolo's form and has put immense pressure on Paddy in CM who has been unfairly singled out for slaggings when in truth he has had a great season.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
As per Wakky's request ... :pp:

Toure Cygan (3)
Everton 1-4 Arsenal
Arsenal 5-3 Middlesbrough
Arsenal 3-0 Blackburn
Toure Hoyte (1)
Norwich 1-4 Arsenal *
Toure Cygan (2)
Fulham 0-3 Arsenal
Arsenal 2-2 Bolton Wanderers
Toure Campbell (4)
Man City 0-1 Arsenal
Arsenal 4-0 Charlton
Arsenal 3-1 Villa
Mike Riley 2-0 Arsenal
Toure Cygan (4)
Arsenal 2-2 Southampton
Crystal Palace 1-1 Arsenal
Tottenham 4-5 Arsenal
Arsenal 1-1 WBA
Toure Campbell (7)
Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal
Arsenal 3-0 Birmingham
Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea
Portsmouth 0-1 Arsenal
Arsenal 2-0 Fulham
Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal
Charlton 1-3 Arsenal
Toure Senderos (1)
Arsenal 1-1 Man City
Toure Campbell (2)
Bolton 1-0 Arsenal
Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle
Cygan Campbell (1)
Arsenal 2-4 Man United
Cygan Senderos (1)
Villa 1-3 Arsenal
Toure Cygan (1)
Arsenal 5-1 Palace *
Senderos Cygan (2)
Southampton 1-1 Arsenal
Arsenal 3-0 Portsmouth **
Toure Senderos (1)
Blackburn 0-1 Arsenal
Toure Cygan (1)
Arsenal 4-1 Norwich

* denotes a penalty
** Cygan was injured in the 25th minute

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
khimik you really need to find something to do mate... but any way thanks for the info... good read!

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
khimik said:
As per Wakky's request ... :pp:
And Wakky says thank you! :D

The figures speaks for themselves really, as expected. Not that it has been something we haven't discussed before, but a better cover for Sol is crucial if we're going to win next season...

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Great stuff, khimik ! :happy: :thmbup:

A good job in recording our defensive quality this season. Wenger should read this for sure.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Can you blame Wenger for that? Most of the changes in the CB partnerships have been due to injuries and suspensions. Who would like to change the CB partnership for like no reason at all. And considering the fact that the next best pair (Toure-Cygan) is struggling like hell, such experiments/changes were bound to happen. You can't blame Wenger. Bad luck that Campbell got injured at such a crucial time and Cygan couldn't play worst than this in the Arsenal jersey ever.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
nEEbz said:
Can you blame Wenger for that? Most of the changes in the CB partnerships have been due to injuries and suspensions. Who would like to change the CB partnership for like no reason at all. And considering the fact that the next best pair (Toure-Cygan) is struggling like hell, such experiments/changes were bound to happen. You can't blame Wenger. Bad luck that Campbell got injured at such a crucial time and Cygan couldn't play worst than this in the Arsenal jersey ever.

Blame Wenger ? Who is talking about blaming him ? I said that the defensive pairing record that Khimik made should be learned by Wenger. For what ? For evaluation of his defensive strategies' quality, of course. But one of important conclusions we have from the data, it's clear that Cygan is the worst player in our defensive line and if we want to succeed next season we must get new and reliable defender.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
We'll probably sign that Romanian kid we've been linked to although at the moment I can't recall his name Radoei I think.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
a kid, i dont think so, that would mean ruining chances for sendo, and theres no way that happening, i think we need someone with experience

1 - 20 of 34 Posts