Xtratime Community banner

CB's

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a dilemma. What defensive partnership do you think should play in the cup final? The experienced Sol, or the in form Senderos or both?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
SOL and Sendo, as long as Sol is back to speed, Kolo and Ralph can fight for RB spot.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who would you drop out of Ralph and Kolo, though? Neither deserve to be dropped after their recent good form, and for me Ralph is a much better RB than Kolo is.

·
63,337 Posts
whoever is playing better, Kolo has been a terrible RB this season but that was when his confidence was low, he was very good RB last season. :shades:

to be honest it's all details, we now have Clichy, Cole, Sol, Sendo, Ralph, Kolo all very good players. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Campbell and Senderos gets my vote. However both play on the left hand side of the central partnership. May need time to adpat and adjust to eachother. If WEnger was looking to play Senderos and Campbell, he should be looking to play them together now. I have a sneaky feeling Wenger will stick to Senderos and Kolo if they carry on producing clean sheets! But can you seriously drop Sol Campbell for a Cup Final agaisnt United?! He is our rock!! Placing him on the bench a few months ago was unthinkable!! If he is on the bench come May, Wenger has got balls!! :boxing:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I vote Sol and Sendo. But I admit, it's a very tough choice. And like khimik said, it's a real dilemma as Sol is nonetheless our best defender and Tourè is not actually bad player. We should never forget what Kolo brought to us last season when we signed no one to replace Keown and suddenly Wenger made him into our first squad centre-back and we won the league unbeaten. However, Senderos is just too good to be left behind, he is simply 'phenomenal'. Even Chelsea failed to score against us with him around.

I think in FA Cup final, it depends on Sol's fitness and more importantly how well he can work with Sendo, because if it doesn't, I'd prefer current defensive line-up which proven to be consistent so far.

·
63,337 Posts
I'm sure Sendo will take the right side, he played there a few times with Cygan and didn't look too bad, with Sol alongside him he will be able to adapt no problem and be the giant he is on the left.

it is interesting though to see when Wenger brings back Sol, if we don't concede any more goals til the Cup Final he may well not bother changing it. :eekani:

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Sol and Senderos get my vote! :shades:

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
It's great to have such a dilemma as it shows how far we have come defensively over the last 10 weeks.

If Sol is fit and get's a few games under his belt and is the Sol will all know than no doubt it's Sol who get's the nod.

That leaves Toure vs Sendo and IMO Sendo is the truth and must start.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think Sol will play on Monday. In fact i can bet that he will play because otherwise he would've been involved in the reserve game.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'd like Toure and Campbell to play. I don't want Senderos to get too big-headed if he gets chosen over a fully fit Campbell or Toure.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
zonetatious said:
I'd like Toure and Campbell to play. I don't want Senderos to get too big-headed if he gets chosen over a fully fit Campbell or Toure.

i think sendo is the las guy who will get big headed..
have you heard the kid speak... top class!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
It has to be Toure and Campbell.

·
63,337 Posts
BeBu said:
I think Sol will play on Monday. In fact i can bet that he will play because otherwise he would've been involved in the reserve game.
he wasn't involved in the Reserve game before Spurs though and still didn't play.

·
63,337 Posts
The Green One said:
Do you think Senderos would have been first choice last season if he'd have been fit? Or would it have been Toure?
who knows ? if Keown had been fit at the start of the campaign it might have been him.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts