Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems pretty much confirmed that Cazorla will miss the Confederations cup. So who do we think is a possible replacement for him. It seems as of late VDB was playing him quite regularly. Should Silva play on the right and give the left side to Riera? Maybe it's time we go back to
Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas in the center and forget the wings all together. What does everyone think?

·
Registered
758 Posts
maybe give joaquin one last chance.. 8 more matches to earn his place
he want to prove himself and the joaquin now can actually cut in

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
No way, going back to the old way is stupid. I think the successful format of having mids from the wings who can link and speak the language of the centre mids and play in synch is the strength of this team. Joaquin, Vicente, Riera, Navas, Capel and co should all be alternatives not starters IMO. I think its best if he sticks to Iniesta and Silva in the wings with Xavi and Xabi or Senna in the middle. I think though the Confed might be good chance to let Cesc play the Xavi role and let him learn the role, its the most difficult and one which requires a big player. The only player comparable to Savi both in terms of style and leadership is Cesc. I think he should use the Confed to try some centrebacks as well like Amorebieta.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Arfy said:
I think its best if he sticks to Iniesta and Silva in the wings with Xavi and Xabi or Senna in the middle.
thats exactly how i see it, spot on.

spain have a style of play that doesnt use out and out wingers like arfy is saying. so they should stick to what is working at the moment.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
granero plays on right also, he is ****ing good but my wish is to see joaquin, i love this guy since he is in betis and i think he should have a chance

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Pedro Leon for Valladolid is also one hell of a winger

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Yep, Mata it should be. So Iniesta and Silva on the wings Xavi and Senna in the middle. Mata to take Cazorlas place on the bench.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Given Alonso's recent form, I wouldn't rule him out the starting XI. Senna could be the odd man out as he is not being as superb as he was last season.
Anyway, I admit this is the least of our problems. Either Senna or Alonso in our starting XI is some problem every NT would love to solve.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts

Wow, It seems Cazorla has managed to recover from his serious injury and he's already in training. I guess he will be called up for the Confederations Cup, which is good but at the same time a pity since Mata probably won't be.
Anyway, what a problem having to choose between them :D

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Thats surely some sort of record for Cazorla's recovery. I remember they said he might even be missing part of next season :eek:

Anyway, im glad he's ok. Top player :thmbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts