Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Kartnig already stated before Bundesliga rejected to cancel the contract between former Sturm-youngster Ferdinand Feldhofer and SK Rapid, he will no longer accept the gentlemen's agreement made at the start of the season. And now it's official.

I'm unhappy that it's Kartnig who's breaking the agreement first. I expect Königskobra to react in a more or less stupid act of useless power-demonstration - though she has no power at all - we're used to such things by now. Still it would be very funny if FC Kärnten were the first to break the agreement. :D

btw: What happend to Kartnig's shirt? He must have been drunk to choose that shirt for a TV-interview. ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Agreement? I must have missed that, can you tell me what kind of agreement it was. I guess it wasn't the one concerning foreign players?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
onimaci said:
I guess it wasn't the one concerning foreign players?
Well, that's exactly the one. Looking at Sturm's transfer policy it's obvious that Kartnig just waited for a "reason" to break the agreement.
Having been a gentleman for more than six months seems to be enough for a guy like Kartnig...

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...come on, Blader, you can't let Bundesliga fu**k you in the Feldhofer case. Do some bulldozering and make us all laugh.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yup expect Kartnig to sign tons of German Bundesliga rejects from now on :eek:

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't he do that all the time? I mean buying rejects. I hardly remember any really decent signings apart from Fleurquin (and Yuran - part time). I still don't understand why he sent Fleurquin on loan to Galatasaray.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Just a general comment on Kartnig: He way overestimates his influence and standing in the BL.

And, gentleman´s agreements are something unrealistic anyway in nowaday´s soccer. Romantic feelings in soccer aer something nice - I´d like to believe in them too -, but soccer has become a business where there´s no place for such things at all.

Especially when a team is fighting to avoid relegation :(

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
For me it seems that there is some panic arising in the south of Graz because Sturm could miss CL for a second time although they have the probably most expensive team.
I like that! :)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bet Austria's team is more expensive...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
tgv325 said:
I bet Austria's team is more expensive...
Yes, probably. But FAK has obviously no problem to pay their team without EC-income. I'm not that sure with Sturm any more. Expensive players - long contracts - nervous president, that's how I see the situation. But maybe there's too much Wunschdenken... ;)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...no Wunschdenken in my book. Pimp wonderland always falls apart sooner of later. And all the hos from Steirerkrone will suffer the deserved suffering, ha !

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts