Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone just tell me what this game is about, what is the "catalonian team"?

Where is it going to be played, I know it is the 17th or 18th of may.

Can someone tell me...

thanx before hand

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Brazil.

It's the team of catalan born players, not necessarily the ones that play for Espanol or Barcelona.

Who will play? No clue..... ask Rafael and Robban they should know!;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
OK. I am bringing this thread back to life because the game is edging closer. ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Brazil shouldn't have that much problems with this Catalunya side, because a lot of big players are missing. Xavi, Puyol and 2 others will play with Spain on the same day...Gerard, Guardiola and Sergi are injured...So they shouldn't give us a hard time I guess, but I recall a game against Andorra at the WC 98 warming up. That one was only 3-0...

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
It`s the Catalan National Team against the Barzilian National Team. Not Catalonian team or Catalan XL.:frustrat:

The team was named yesterday;

Porteros: Víctor Valdés (Barcelona B), Francesc Arnau (Málaga).
Defensas: Delfí Geli (Alavés), Joan Capdevila (Depor), Albert Lopo (Espanyol), Quique Alvarez (Villarreal), Daniel Tortolero (Barcelona B).
Centrocampistas: Albert Celades (Real Madrid), Alex Fernández (Espanyol), Albert Crusat (Espanyol B), Gabri García (Barcelona), Roger García (Espanyol), Miguel Angel Lozano (Málaga), Jordi Cruyff (Alavés).
Delanteros: Dani García (Barcelona), Oscar García (Espanyol), Raúl Tamudo (Espanyol) y Luis García (Valladolid).

Guardiola is the big star of the team. But he`s unfortently injured. Other injurys on Gerard, Sergi and Soler. Xavi, Curro Torres, Puyol and Luque are in the spanish NT and can`t play the match either.

I can`t make a line up with so many players missing. But Valez will proberly be in goal. Geli, Capdevila and Lopo will start. Celades, Gabri, Roger and Jordi in midfield. Òscar and Tamudo upfront. I`ve no idea who the fourth defender will be. Tamudo has made a superb season and will be the captain now when "Pep" can`t play. If you look at the players who`re missing you`ll relize that it`s weaker than usually. But it shouldn`t be underrestimated. It hasn`t lost for ages. During christams we won over Chile for exampel. I`m mostly worried about who`ll take the playmaking postion when niether of Xavi and Guardiola can play.

You can`t compare it with Andorra. It`s much better. Even without all the players who can`t play on Saturday.

I`m going to be there and cheer!:)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Tihihi, i am also curious to see what team Robban will cheer for because he seems to be a Brazil fan in some kind of way but Romario won't be there so i am not sure. ;) :D

Blah, anyways you are in for one heck of a match.. atleast if you are gonna cheer for Brazil! :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well, he grew up in Catalunya...so that makes him eligible to play for Catalunya.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So I guess the game is tomorrow, anyone know what time it will be???

Ronaldo is not looking fit it is said... Ze da,. can u confirm that... he did not play well did he? Lets see what he does against Catalan team

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
The match starts at 21.00. I`ll cheer on both of them.;)

The Catalan side is good. But unfortently we can`t play with the strongest side. The names of Guardiola, Xavi, Curro Torres, Luque, Sergio, Gerard, Sergi and Puyol for exampel tells you that there`re alot of talent which can`t be used. Yesterday Gabri and Dani injured them self during training and won`t be able for the match.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
INter,
he played ok, the goal he scored was dissaloud.
It does not matter if he plays well in trainining or tomorrow, what it matters is what he does in the WC.

As Didi used to say: "Training is training, and a game is a game" ;) :D :cool:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
BRazil should start with:

Marcos

Edmilson Roque Jr. Gilberto Silva

Cafu Emerson Kleberson Junior

Ronaldinho Gaucho

Ronaldo Denilson/Edilson

I think he might go with Denilson though!

Polga, RC, Lucio and Rivaldo are out of the game!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
although Denilson has just mentioned: "If i get in the second half, i'll get the opponent already tired".

If i was the BRazilian manager, Denilson woudl NEVER start a game....he would always come in the second half!;) :D :cool:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Denilson is good enough to play with fresh players, come on man it's better then playing Kaka and RG in the same linuep. Edilson will fit right in but Denilson would be fine too. :)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
I'm not saying he is not. I'm just saying that Denilson in the second half is more productive and will confuse the other team much more than once he starts fresh from the start like the ohter defenders of the other team!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Sure. But, that's like saying let's save Ronaldo for the second half and he'll kill the tired defenders in the second half, IMO. ;)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts