Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're both 21, they're both pretty useful players for their teams. Even their positions are quite similar: support striker/attacking midfielder. Which would you prefer to have in your team and why? No fair comparing their looks. :D

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Kaka! He looks like the complete player to me, although he still has a lot to learn on the tactical side: combines technical skill - explosive, accurate, visionary - with hard work - extremely energetic, moveable. In other words, versatility is the key word.

What a scoop! :)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Let me put it this way:
One is already a starter in the Brasilian NT, the World Champions and the other is not even starting for the Italian U-21...does that answer your question?

To add more fuel to the fire, one is already a mature player and person, while the other is a spoilt brat. One will end up as the most complete/best player in the world in 2-3 years and the other, will always remain one of the many many many, very talented prospects that never fullfilled their full talent.

Cheers.:)

FORZA SMOKING BIANCO!!!!:proud::star:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
San Siro said:
Let me put it this way:
One is already a starter in the Brasilian NT, the World Champions and the other is not even starting for the Italian U-21...does that answer your question?

To add more fuel to the fire, one is already a mature player and person, while the other is a spoilt brat. One will end up as the most complete/best player in the world in 2-3 years and the other, will always remain one of the many many many, very talented prospects that never fullfilled their full talent.

Cheers.:)

FORZA SMOKING BIANCO!!!!:proud::star:
It's a pity that he will then move to Real Madrid, as announced by Butrageno :cool:

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Cannot agree with you on that one, Payman. I believe we´re talking about two players, who´re both going to be HUGE.

In the long run Cassano´s mental problems won´t prevent him from fulfilling his incredible potential. At the moment he´s Italy´s most bright star for the future and when he matures(I think that´s a 'when' more than an 'if') only the sky is the limit; he´s that talented.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Diavolo said:
It's a pity that he will then move to Real Madrid, as announced by Butrageno :cool:
:howler: :howler: :howler: Yeah, its a pitty! :cool:

As for teh Q - both are great, and I believe both will have a major role to play in teh next years for their NT and clubs. Right now, it seems liek Kaka has teh edge, as he is immensly mature for his age. However, cassano will develope as one of teh greats of his time, mark my word for it. Cassano's advantage is that he develops around like a genious of player like Totti. Kaka's advantage is that he plays in a genious of a team ... ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
On topic, personally I prefer Kaka, but it's like choosing between pasta or pizza, they are both great

·
Super Moderator
13,642 Posts
They're both potential -if not yet- world class players.

Kaká's both physical and mental strenght seem an advantage over Cassano to reach that potential though.

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
Hmmmm, interesting. Many people choosing Kaka over Cassano in the Milan forum...:rollani: :)

Kaka is the better goalscorer and while he is a good dribbler, Cassano could dribble a ball through New York traffic...and the latter is the better passer as well.

Tough call really, depends on what sort of player you need in your team. In a vacuum of character flaws and appearances (there's no contest on that surely), i'd pick Cassano based on innate ability and talent. In the real world, i'd pick Kaka any day of the week. Then again, i have a low threshold for petulance...

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Hmmmm, interesting. Many people choosing Kaka over Cassano in the Milan forum...:rollani: :)
i'd pick Cassano based on innate ability and talent. In the real world, i'd pick Kaka any day of the week.
So, how does this make you different from the people you allude to not being able to judge rationally?:)

·
Super Moderator
13,642 Posts
Nero said:

Kaka is the better goalscorer and while he is a good dribbler, Cassano could dribble a ball through New York traffic...and the latter is the better passer as well.

Tough call really, depends on what sort of player you need in your team. In a vacuum of character flaws and appearances (there's no contest on that surely), i'd pick Cassano based on innate ability and talent. In the real world, i'd pick Kaka any day of the week. Then again, i have a low threshold for petulance...
Thing is, maybe Cassano has a little superiority in terms of talent.

But it's still a little difference, while the difference in their attitude is just huge.
Kaká has been almost an example since he arrived, whereas Cassano has managed to shine both as a player and as a prick in Roma, and that while having in Totti one of the greatest players and pricks in the world as a teammate.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Nero,

Just one thing: I am not sure Kaka's dribbling abilities are wosre in any way to Cassano's. You just look at the 1st goial he scored on Sunday!!! And he is a Brazilian above all.
Then, I do agree about passing. Cassano's very good. Kaka still makes this small mistakes in the midle - the easy pass, the "realeave of the burden" thing, the one that changes the rythm. Kaka is not there yet, obviously. But hey - few are. Few are on the level of Zizou or Redondo of 1998.
And then, the BIG pass, the one that sets the goal, the one that is as good as the best goal ever score, Rui's patent ... is still illusive for the kid, but you cant say he doesnt have the tallent to develop it! he shows it from time to time. But he aint Rui ... yet! ;)

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Well, what a surprise to see that all of the Milan fans picked their own player. It's always the case no matter what's the question.;)

I may shock you all, but I prefer Cassano.;) Maybe it's because nearly every time I've watched Kaka for Milan, he's poor. Admitedly, those have been like 4-5 such games , but I thought he was nothing special in all of them, and quite poor in most of them.

Cassano is the better dribbler(I don't care that Kaka is Brasilian, he's still quite inferior in that respect), and has a way better passing ability(especially for the BIG pass, as Bono put it). The only thing Kaka is better at is long shots but I think he shoots from distance way too much.

One is already a starter in the Brasilian NT, the World Champions and the other is not even starting for the Italian U-21
Cassano's not starting for the U-21 because he had a row with the coach like 2 years ago which the coach still can't get over, he's right now definitely the best U-21 player Italy has.

And please spare me the usual BS about Cassano's "personality" and "character flaws". He's rapidly improving, this year he had only 2 minor incidents with Capello who were overblown by the media, and his attitude on the pitch has been perfect, never behaving like primadonna(something that sadly can't be said for Totti of late) and working tirelessly for the team.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
this year he had only 2 minor incidents with Capello
:howler:

You do understand what you are saying, right??? :D Only two minor! Walking off teh pithc. Even so - do you unerstand what woudl have happened to him, if not not for his tallent. Do you know how many caoches could tollerate s.o. like him, if he was not that gifted? It cannot be "saved"! NO! Cause, in all fairness to him, Cassano should work very hard to make it, just liek anyone else. And this is where Kaka takes the edge. As I have said, the maturity he demonstrates at his age, is stunning! Few, very few ...

yet, again, Antnio is a fantastic player. I told you in the aRoma forum, he reminds me somehow of Stoichkov. However, to be like him, he needs to SPIRIT! That spirit that we both, being Bulgarians, know all too well. I am yet to see it in Cassano. Cause with his nature, the only thing that could SAVE him is a spirit of a champion. Not of a sissy ... ;)

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
I realise what I am saying, I said Cassano's improving a lot and that's true. Last season he went missing for an entire weekend and had a number of much bigger clashes with Capello. This year he only had two training walkouts, which is something that is not so uncommon in football and not such a big deal, only in his case because of his history the big headlines starts to appear.

Also in our games his behaviour and attitude has been near perfect as I said, the only negative I can think about is that he was upset that Capello substituted him at the end against Lecce, he really wanted to score against them because of the rivalry between Lecce and Bari. Apart from that he's never complained for being substituted(which happens nearly every game), I can't remeber him starting a row with a teammate for not passing him or whatever, or quarreling needlessly with the referee. That's also a definite improvement from the last two years.

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
his attitude on the pitch has been perfect, never behaving like primadonna
:rolleyes: Last Tuesday I was surprised to see Cassano coming out of the dressing room with a jersey on, after he celebrated the tap-in goal in a fashion more appropriate for the Emperor of Rome.

P.S. The "BS" about his "personality" and "character flaws" may be worn out, but still precise and very much to the point.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Demandred said:
Well, what a surprise to see that all of the Milan fans picked their own player. It's always the case no matter what's the question.;)

I can only speak for myself, personally I think they are 2 Super players, given the choice I prefer Kaka, this dosn't mean that Cassano isn't a top player. On the other hand I read your post and you think that Kaka is a average player.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Kaka is faster, stronger and more mature. He has also better passing and shooting skills in my opinion.

I agree Cassano is the better dribbler in small areas, but Kaka uses his speed and strength when he dribbles to the extend I would almost say he is the better dribbler and definetly more effective and I certanly don't think he shoots too often, I almost think he should try to shoot more often, like when he dribbled past 2 of your players in the match between Roma and Milan, he had a very good oppurtunity to shoot, but crossed instead.

Besides that Kaka plays for one of the great teams, while Cassano plays for an avarage to top team in italy. Milan will always be a top team both in Italy and europe, while Roma has its ups and downs, has only won 3 scudettis after all and never done anything outside Italy. Just like Totti, he will end his career in Roma having done nothing besides maybe winning 1 scudetti or something. Kaka will have won at least 3-4 scudettis and atleast 1 champions league 10 years from now, maybe 1 world cup aswell, where he is not sitting on the bench (which Cassano will be for the rest of his life). Sorry, it sounds like a better future to me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts