Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what of antonio Cassano and his rapid emergence,Surely his star is shining bright as ever and his performances get better by the week.Still in his early 20's and already one of Europes brightest stars.A Definate start for euro 2004 I hope.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
833 Posts
My italy Euro Squad would be

--------------------------------Gigi
----Oddo---------Nesta----------Cannavaro------Zambrotta
-----------------------Gattuso
-------Camoranesi-------------------Pirlo
--------------------------------Totti
-------------------------Vieri--------------Cassano

I dont know if the media in a general way treats Cassano as a superstar but I know he is and Im sue every other romanista also know it!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
:heart: :heart: :heart:

On with Cassano down with Del Piero!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
yea im with u that cassano is a great player and should be an azzurri regular
when totti and vieri and del piero were 21 they didnt have the same class that cassano has now......defintly a player to look forward to and i think he will be italy's new roberto baggio

here's how i think the azzurri formation should be

---------------------------------Buffon------------------------------------

Panucci--------Nesta------------Cannavaro-----------------Zambrotta

------------------------------Pirlo--------Gattuso-----------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------Cassano-----Totti------Del Piero-----------------

----------------------------------Vieri-------------------------------------
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,255 Posts
chivu_4 said:


-----------------------Cassano-----Totti------Del Piero-----------------

----------------------------------Vieri-------------------------------------
Have you ever seen an Azzurri game when Trap(or any other "mister" before) coached with 4 attackers up front?

A snowballs chance in hell this is gonna happen...
I rather see Totti behind Di Vaio(Cassano) and Vieri.

Antonio will and has to be called for Portugal.
Del Piero should stay at home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54,575 Posts
Yes and Italy should never play with 4 attackers, we dont play fluent enough to do that, no country in their right minds play with 4 attackers anyway!!!! Not even Brazil

Italy already look too open, taking away Fiore or Camo, who work occasionally if not much for Cassano, would not work at all, would make us even crapper defensively than we are beginning to be.

Cassano v DP for Attacking Left winger is what it should be and should remain that way!!!
 

·
International
Joined
·
6,519 Posts
Boomer said:
My italy Euro Squad would be

--------------------------------Gigi
----Oddo---------Nesta----------Cannavaro------Zambrotta
-----------------------Gattuso
-------Camoranesi-------------------Pirlo
--------------------------------Totti
-------------------------Vieri--------------Cassano

Camo ahead of Fiore ????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,674 Posts
Cassano has done a good season so far but he needs to do at least one more season like this before being considered as a "World class".:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,237 Posts
Professor X said:
Cassano has done a good season so far but he needs to do at least one more season like this before being considered as a "World class".:)
Good point, but I'd like to say that Cassano is worldclass already, his performances (and I'm definately not only talking about him scoring goals) suggest it, and has so all season long except for a slump in january. What he needs is another season like this to be considered worldclass in general opinion. Don't know if I'm making any sense, but whatever...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,674 Posts
Cacìni said:
Good point, but I'd like to say that Cassano is worldclass already, his performances (and I'm definately not only talking about him scoring goals) suggest it, and has so all season long except for a slump in january. What he needs is another season like this to be considered worldclass in general opinion. Don't know if I'm making any sense, but whatever...
Yes, Cassano is very talented and he can be one of the best in a few years but then he needs to think about his attitude. He has improved that a little this year and is producing very good. I don't doubt Cassanos talent, but it's up to him to decide how far he wants to go.

Another thing is that Totti has done a couple of great seasons in row now but wasn't considered as one of the best until this year around the world. In Italy they do have the reputation but not like the names Figo, Ronaldo or Henry.

It takes more than one good season to be in the all star. There is a lot of players that have done one good season, but the tough thing is to repeat that the season after that. Players like Totti, Vieri and Nesta is doing it, and this is why noone doubt them. But I'm sure Cassano will be one of them one day!:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,028 Posts
put in fiore ahead of camoranesi. if not fiore, than put Maresca in the team, he is simply brilliant.

Cassano must start at the euro, but i have this feeling traps will stick with totti, del piero and vieri. why didnt he think that last world cup:rollani:
 

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
Joined
·
31,893 Posts
Deano said:
Yes and Italy should never play with 4 attackers, we dont play fluent enough to do that, no country in their right minds play with 4 attackers anyway!!!! Not even Brazil

Italy already look too open, taking away Fiore or Camo, who work occasionally if not much for Cassano, would not work at all, would make us even crapper defensively than we are beginning to be.

Cassano v DP for Attacking Left winger is what it should be and should remain that way!!!
The 4-2-3-1 is working fine (with attacking full backs-ZAM+ODDO). Based on the number of star forwards...it is just foolish of trap to play 442. 4 attackers are just fine. Work on the strengths. which are DEFENSE and ATTACK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No doubt about it Cassano is World Class already,but Prof I do see your valid and Intelligent point that Cassano needs to keep this up for at least another season.On that note I'm sure he will he's a genius and yes his attitude must change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,868 Posts
like someone said, all he needs to do is keep on playing his game and he will only get better....he is very dynamic so he can be the one of the best
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,360 Posts
Knowing Trapp, I am pretty certain he will switch to some ultradefensive strategy when the Euro starts. He'll say something like "That Tomasson guy is incredibly dangerous, we should have at least 4 defenders and 3 DM to stop him":tongue: He will play only Totti and Vieri, the rest will be DM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cassano and Kaka two of serie a's revelations this season,They're outstanding just watch them go.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top