Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Florentino Perez resigning as President of real madrid some footballers who were specifically signed under the "Los Galacticos"theme may soon follow.One that is of young Italian star Antonio Cassano.Cassano a temperamental yet extremely talented player left AS Roma under controversial circumstances yet may return back to Italy some may feel much sooner than later. :eekani:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Okay let me break down the Italian prospects.

It would obviously have to be one of the big three, you don't go to Real Madrid and then go to like Lazio or Sampdoria or Fiorentina, no offense at all to those teams.

Juventus have plenty of attacking talent. But this is looking less likely as Moggi and Capello are gonna be soon out the door. They also have plenty of attacking options.

Milan, have plenty of attacking options but everyday their fans want to give up Sheva and they want to go and sign Ronaldo and RVN and Henry and blah blah blah...they are a spoiled bunch w/ respect to strikers having Inzaghi on the bench

Finally Inter...they said Cassano is an Inter fan..but Mancio hates Cassano and as long as Mancio is at Inter he will not come...plus Inter has Adriano and Oba......so Casano coming in most likelihood means one of those two are leaving.....and if they both regain form before the end of the year it will be no...but if they don't...then anything is possible, even Fatnaldo and his Wendy's french fries with wild buffalo ranch sauce dipping can come...

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be one of the big three obviously :) ,with Perez going and Cassano gradually playing less and less than he already is.It will only be a matter of time until he bitches and want's to leave,I can't see Ibrahimovic going to real so in terms of Cassano going to Juve that seems remote perhaps Inter or Milan with the nerazzurri surely the favourites with adriano and Pizzarro as possible trade offers. :eekani:

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
I always thought that Madrid only signed Cassano as an investment and were always planning to sell him back to some Italian club after the year was done, ala Owen. It's a smart business move actually.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
And I so effectively ruled out each of the three teams.

I think if I had to rank the teams in getting him, it would be:

1) Juve
2) Inter
3) Milan

Milan have Gilardino and Sheva, and they also have Inzaghi on the bench. They have Kaka in a position that Cassano could play. Why would they get him?

Juventus is most likely. But they do have Trez and Zlatan. I just don't understand why Juve would get him.

Inter will not get him b/c Mancini hates Cassano's guts.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Starcraft said:
How do you know Mancini hates him so much??
I read Italian Inter Milano forums and the general feeling is that the upper management wanted Cassano, as the transfer dude kept making hints to the press that Inter were going to sign him. And there's reputable reports that Mancio told the Inter board that it's him or Cassano. Mancini stuck up for his players and didn't want a squad destructor.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Ok I can understand that, However I think people are way to harsh on Cassano. But perhaps they something in football circles that we outsiders dont know.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Al Capone said:
I read Italian Inter Milano forums and the general feeling is that the upper management wanted Cassano, as the transfer dude kept making hints to the press that Inter were going to sign him. And there's reputable reports that Mancio told the Inter board that it's him or Cassano. Mancini stuck up for his players and didn't want a squad destructor.
But Puls that could be heresay :eekani: you don't know,I'm not saying it aint true but then again.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Apparently, Cassano was signed cuz Sacchi was there... following some of Perez' plans.

Now both are gone. Likely Cassano would be shipped out. With a profit for Real of course.

Juventus have the highest possibility to sign Cassano.

1. Capello and his relationship with this Grown-up baby
2. Juve like to sell those @ prime. Ibrahimovic can move out.

The rest of clubs enjoy watching Cassano develop and got no clue how to handle him.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I really hope we don't sell him, he will just become a legend somewhere else. :depress:

Cassano is such a great player, he plays football the traditional way Real Madrid play football and will hopefully get his chance, I am sure he will impress.

NO to Cassano leaving. :mad:

Robinho------------Cassano
---------Ronaldo------------

Who can stop those three on form? :eekani:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
L-Pheno said:
I really hope we don't sell him, he will just become a legend somewhere else. :depress:

Cassano is such a great player, he plays football the traditional way Real Madrid play football and will hopefully get his chance, I am sure he will impress.

The new, juicy, tasty 99 cent Double Decker Bacon Cheeseburger Deluxe....now on the dollar menu!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Adriano10 said:
Apparently, Cassano was signed cuz Sacchi was there... following some of Perez' plans.

Now both are gone. Likely Cassano would be shipped out. With a profit for Real of course.

Juventus have the highest possibility to sign Cassano.

1. Capello and his relationship with this Grown-up baby
2. Juve like to sell those @ prime. Ibrahimovic can move out.

The rest of clubs enjoy watching Cassano develop and got no clue how to handle him.
Actually, Sacchi was against Florentino in the Cassano transfer. Florentino was the only one that wanted Cassano and now that hes gone, i wouldnt be surprised if he leaves.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
L-Pheno said:

Who's Cassano? :pp

The fat team... c'mon, this Cassano came here to have some holidays in the sun. He didn't do ANYTHING, but that goal with a foul against Betis in his first day. Ok, he played few minutes, but what did he do to have a chance? or does he have to play because of his "beautiful sifilis face"? :D

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Al Capone said:
Okay let me break down the Italian prospects.

It would obviously have to be one of the big three, you don't go to Real Madrid and then go to like Lazio or Sampdoria or Fiorentina, no offense at all to those teams...
I take it then that you consider Newcastle to be a 'big three'

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Who's Cassano? :pp

The fat team... c'mon, this Cassano came here to have some holidays in the sun. He didn't do ANYTHING, but that goal with a foul against Betis in his first day. Ok, he played few minutes, but what did he do to have a chance? or does he have to play because of his "beautiful sifilis face"? :D
So you are saying Cassano doesn't deserve a chance?

He's one of the most talented players in the World, of course he deserves a chance.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts