Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on Eurosport - Germany that United is very interested in Casillas. They wrote , that Real plans to get Buffon and would sell Casillas, whose current contract is running until 2006.
No doubt he would be a great signing, but I doubt that Casillas wants to leave the club, for which he plays since his youth. And I more doubt that Juve would sell Gigi.
Only stupid rumor or is there more about it?

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
I heard that in 2008 Buffon will retire, because he wants to do law and he wants to end his career with Juventus. Casillas has been linked with United too in the English media

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh, I´d get a prominent colleague then. ;)
Where have you read this, that´s new to me. He´s only 30 then, I can´t imagine that.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
If Casillas is going to move (unlikely) the best time will be this summer. He has wanted to renew his contract for a while and Madrid has refused to consider him in the galactico range, in fact he is poorly paid when compared to other players. His contract is due to end in 2006, he wants a new one by at least this summer.

Man U can make things difficult for Madrid and although unlikely, I can see a scenario where it could happen.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If they get some of our players I fear it can happen. But Juve will not sell the best keeper worldwide.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
He is overrated...he aint good gettin em crosses n in da epl..u better know how to grab em crosses :thmbdown:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
he will use the talk with United as a bargaining chip!

good luck Iker!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I hope Real remain stubborn abt him and we can do some good business. Its either Cassilas or Frey, but i think given his European experience, Iker would be a fantastic signing

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Would be a phenomenal signing but i just can't see it happening.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
the chances are very slim to nil but who knows these days.... you have people like tevez and macherano going to corinthians. ;)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Casillas... great shotstopper, but not too sure about him dealing with crosses... and the english league plays with more crosses and high balls than the Spanish one so... he might well get exposed in the pl.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Kyo said:
Casillas... great shotstopper, but not too sure about him dealing with crosses... and the english league plays with more crosses and high balls than the Spanish one so... he might well get exposed in the pl.
Go watch more Real Madrid games and I'm sure you won't have any doubts about him.

Guys stop dreaming, Casillas is Madridsta for life :star:

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
casillas may be a proud madridista.............but perez is a moron.............that could make things much worse..............i dont think we can write off his move to man yoo...........perhaps if they offer big bucks he might move to old trafford...........

1 - 20 of 46 Posts