Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter are evaluating several contenders for their goalkeeping gloves, including Sebastien Frey and Real Madrid’s Iker Casillas.

Francesco Toldo has been subjected to criticism from the Press and fans this season and is not expected to stay on past the summer with offers from Arsenal and Manchester United.

The Nerazzurri are intent on bringing in a reliable goallie for the next campaign and up until now the expected choice was Parma star Frey (pictured).

It would be a return for the Frenchman, who was first brought to Serie A in 1998 by the San Siro giants before moving to Verona and then Parma. Although he has also received Premiership offers in recent months, the 24-year-old has hinted that Inter are his first choice.

However, Roberto Mancini has now been alerted to the availability of Spanish international Casillas, whose contract is set to expire in June 2006.

This week the goalkeeper went to the Spanish Press and warned that he wanted to know if his future at Real Madrid was secure before signing a new deal, concerned that Gianluigi Buffon was being linked with the Merengues.

“Serie A would be a great experience for me,” confessed Casillas. Inter have competition from Arsenal and Manchester United, as it’s claimed the Red Devils have already made a bid.

We need a new goalkeeper for sure, and which one is better? For me the answer will be Frey,what do you guys think? ;)

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Frey but as previous poster said, Carini would do just fine ;)

Plus, not ment as an insult, but I really want Frey to win something big (not with Juve though) so I hope he goes to another team :(

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
I have loved Casillas since the day i saw him, but also wouldnt mind Frey coming back. I would want Casillas though.
But on the outings that Carini has he has performed wonderfully, so i think Carini is definately a choice.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I actually like both GKs, but I'll have to go with Casillas because of what Frey said before and after he left us.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Obviously Frey (if you don't trust Carini) as he will be available, is just about as good as Casillas and costs a fraction of what the Spaniard would.

Futhermore I don't believe that Casilas will leave Real. Not for a second. It's just wheeling-dealing before his contract is renegotiated.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Casillas, as I feel he is the best keeper in the planet in the quality of his saves. Also, I dont lke Frey's attitude towards Inter. Now he wants us back, before remember what he said?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Casillas, as I feel he is the best keeper in the planet in the quality of his saves. Also, I dont lke Frey's attitude towards Inter. Now he wants us back, before remember what he said?
can anyone tell me what Frey said :undecide:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
sub-d said:
u don't remember what he said???

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Glen said:
Futhermore I don't believe that Casilas will leave Real. Not for a second. It's just wheeling-dealing before his contract is renegotiated.

agree something would have to go horrible wrong (i.e. Perez the president of Real Madrid) for him to leave. He would have to be pushed out the door (i.e. redondo, hierro, morientes, Del Bosque)

So it I dont think this will ever happen :dontcare:

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
casillas

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Cassillas but carini will do fine. No way frey he is traitor . he is not welcome back at Inter

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
sub-d said:
Something along the lines of wanting to play for a big club and not Inter, and that he wants to play European football whereas Inter hadn't qualified for the CL that year.

·
Registered
60 Posts
frey wouldn't be welcomed at inter. I prefer carini over him, but if we can get casillas it's gonna be awesome, and we must get him within this two years, not when he's 30 years old.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Razman said:
Something along the lines of wanting to play for a big club and not Inter, and that he wants to play European football whereas Inter hadn't qualified for the CL that year.
I would say thats about correct. Frey is not welcome back. I have respect for him as a player nut as a person uh uh.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Casillas would be better choice,but does not he cost to much money?
And if we are going to buy him,please do it this summer because we need a new keeper and we need it fast!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts