1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Funny thing is, there's already rumors (at least Today's Zaman is reporting is, and who can trust a Gulenist paper) that Fenerbahce will be barred from Europe again if they lose their case. Fenerbahce already got banned for a year, so they'd be eligible for next season's European competition.

More quality Turkish media at it on things (UEFA actions) they know nothing about.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its been withdrawn. I'm assuming that some sort of agreement has been reached with the TFF about the whole case. Its not normal to work on it for 8 months and then suddenly withdraw it. I don't think its a case of we're guilty and we're backing out. I think its a case where we may have won and so they came to an agreement to hush things up esp if we as a country are going to try to host Euro2020. Maybe some other behind the seens policts as well?

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well its not related to the sike case. I guess I made that error too. Its just about how we were kicked out of the CL so abruptly without any solid reason. Regardless, several places are saying that after the 'leak' about the report saying that we're not going to be punished they made some agree ment with the TFF. This is what Demiroren wanted anyways right?

I find it hard to believe that you'll arrest all the journalists and soldiers and do your best to get 'even' with them but do nothing about the football clubs. I find that very hard to believe.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
I would not be surprised in the slightest bit if UEFA cut a deal with Fenerbahce (financially), and I'm quite sure they have done that in the past cases. Everyone ends up retracting their case.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
The case has been pulled likely for two reasons:

1) Fenerbahce had a case at the very least against the TFF. Maybe not so much UEFA. The TFF probably settled with Fenerbahce and not UEFA. The TFF probably realized that there is a case against them because they were the ones that had pulled Fenerbahce from the Champions League. UEFA didn't bar them.

2) When Fenerbahce looked at the case, they might not have had as strong of a case as was previously thought. Therefore they had to cut their losses. Remember that Fenerbahce had to cover the costs of the arbitrators, court costs, and Jean-Louis DuPont (he's not coming cheap). So Fenerbahce had to pull it because of the bottom line.

My guess that there's some element of both. Fenerbahce had a case but the costs would have somewhat negated any potential compensation. It wouldn't surprise me if the TFF settled with Fenerbahce, but it may be a two way street.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts