Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stunned to see no thread started yet for this event...:dazed::stress:

Anyways, what's everyone planning for this year's Carnaval? I know that Ze is getting wasted in Salvador with his girl :tongue:...how about the rest of you?

And who do you think will win the Rio Samba title? A repeat for Beija Flor as tricampeã?

And don't forget to post pics of the carnaval both pics from the desfiles but also why not pics that you yourselves have taken...:)

É carnaval ! Eu vou ! Eu vou ! Eu vou !
Vou festejar, curtir, sacudir ! Sacudir !
Sou Tradição, sou raça
Numa cerveja bem gelada, na Sapucaí

:drunk::drunk: :cool:

Have fun and be safe!:)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Hey, Payman. Did you ever do your trip to Brazil like you were talking about last year?

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet Dae as last minute unexpected events screwed up my plans...:groan: But I will be going there soon...:stuckup:;) :happy:

How about you? Been there yet?

Cheers.;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
No, haven't been. It's on my list of vacation spots along with a trip to Italy and the Iberian peninsula. Someday.......;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
The parade of samba schools in Rio's Sambodromo begins tonight... I'll post some images later.

Yesterday I went dancing in "Bip-Bip", a carnaval street band that plays in Copacabana. Tonight I got a little hangover buzz so I'm staying in with my girl, we'll have dinner and watch the samba schools. Gotta rest up, because tomorrow "Simpatia E Quase Amor" (meaning "Sympathy Is Almost Love", another street band) will be playing, so there's a lot of dancing to be done. ;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Some pics from the carnaval...

Below, Argentinean wonderkid Carlitos Tevez participates in the carnaval, showing a quick adaptation to this new environment... :D

And some images of the samba schools' parade in São Paulo:

And some images of people partying on the streets in Salvador...

:shades:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Great Pics. Please post more of the beauties.

I read an LA Times article today quoting Cariocas saying that those who are able travel - typically by car - from Rio to party in less tourist filled and crowed cities. Is this true?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
SambaLosAngeles said:
I read an LA Times article today quoting Cariocas saying that those who are able travel - typically by car - from Rio to party in less tourist filled and crowed cities. Is this true?
Yup.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
More pics... below we have the 'Madrinha da Bateria' (roughly translating, "Godmother of Drums") of Mocidade Independente, Viviane Araujo. Viviano has featured in centerfolds of many men's magazines in Brasil. :sweeteye:

And this is another 'Madrinha da Bateria', Fabia Borges.

Here's a pic of the 'Bateria' (drum section, the heart of the parade) of Porto da Pedra.

Below you see the 12-meter-high tiger that is the symbol of Porto da Pedra. This giant mechanical tiger could look around, wink and bow his head to the audience!

And here's one of Porto da Pedra's participants...

Vila Isabel also gave a great show, and this is one of their dancers...

And of course, such a big parade also offers "eye candy" for the ladies of the audience. :wth:

Mangueira, the traditional samba school, presented a parade that explored the world of the future:

The lovely TV actress Carol Castro was one of the attractions of Salgueiro's parade... and here we see her, still dancing after the parade was over.

And this is a detail of one of Salgueiro's cars:

Below – the theme of Salgueiro's parade was fire, and the audience could feel the heat.

The theme of Imperio Serrano's parade was nature, all about respecting the environment.

;)

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Viva Brasil
Woman and Football the perfect mix.

·
Registered
890 Posts
PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX MORE PIX PLEASE

!!!CARNAVAL!!!

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Ok, here are some more pics, as requested... beginning with some images of Caprichosos' parade:

Here, the gorgeous actress Juliana Paes gets ready to enter the 'passarela' and make the audience go wild:

Below you see a detail of Viradouro's parade...

Another glimpse at the astonishing Viviane Araujo, who always makes the male spectators' jaws drop... :drool:

And here's international supermodel Naomi Campbell, one of the attractions in Portela's beautiful parade...

And this year the traditional samba school Imperatriz Leopoldinense came with a parade about chidren's books... below, a car abour Hans Christian Andersen:

And here's another look at Imperatriz's parade – with a costume representing the classic fairytale "The Emperor's New Clothes":

And of course, it's not all about fairytales...

Below there's a look at Beija-Flor's parade; in this case, costumes representing old empires:

Watching the show from a VIP lounge next to the "passarella", supermodel Gisele Bundchen danced and partied all night, constantly surrounded by paparazzi.

In the same VIP lounge, Romario arrives to join the festivities. He arrived there single, but he wasn't alone when he went home. :lala:

ANother 'Madrinha da Bateria' for all pervs out there – Fabiana Andrade, 'Madrinha' of Imperio Serrano. In case you're wondering, she's dressed with body makeup and decorative feathers on her shoulders. :excited:

Another foreign beauty: the Miss Universe, australian beauty Jennifer Hawkins, was one of the jewels in Viradouro's parade.

Imperio Serrano was full of beauties – for example, the energetic Quiteria Chagas:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Below, a glimpse of Grande Rio's parade:

Check out Grande Rio's giant violin players!

A detail of one of Grande Rio's cars...

Below, one of the highlights of the parades – multi-centerfold playmate Luma de Oliveira, still breathtaking way past 30, the 'Madrinha' of Caprichosos:

Ather look at Caprichosos' parade:

An aerial view of Porto da Pedra's giant winking tiger:

And of course, the big animatronic tiger wasn't the only attraction in Porto da Pedra's parade...

:party:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Earlier in the day some housemates of mine were complaining about the Carnaval in Rio being too "dressed up" in these more recent year. Hmm... these pics seem to point that such reports were somehow exagerated...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts