Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carlton have taken measures or so it appears to try and reduce their Salary Cap next year by offering Injured Ruckman Matthew Allan a far reduced deal compared to the previous contract he was on.As it's no surprise about Allans injuries in the past including missing a huge part of this season Allan's manager Dave Allison has not stopped there even saying Matty may've played his last game for the club.
This is quite interesting as Carlton is a little short in the Ruckman department having traded Mark Porter for Corey Mckernan at the end of last season.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
A 100%-fit Allan/McKernan rotation would almost have the Blues in the eight next year alone - add Campo, Ratten, Whitnall, Kouta, Manton, Hulme, Franchina and other walking wounded on top of the best 2 kids in the land and best mercenary and all of a sudden things look positively mouth-watering.

If Carlton do lose him they're f***ing stupid and Elliot should move to New Zealand.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i tend to agree with Dyertribe.

however, many have taken Carltons words out of context, as teh media tends to these days.

Carlton were talking about giving Allan a reduction in salary if he was to get injured again.

Now, we (yes, i'm a blues supporter) pay Allan a lot of money, $600,000 i believe. not to sure on that figure though.

He missed most of last season and most of this season. They are talking about bringing in the performance wage.

So, i dont think Carlton are wrong by doing this, we have paid him a lot while he has stayed in the stands, and i'm sure with that huge wage he is on, we could better utilise the cash on other players.

We cannot afford to lose him though, we need fit and healthy for next season!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts