Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Yep. Him, Walcott and Wilshere should all get to the very top of the pile.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Lets say that with the amount of talent this kid has, the coach has to be a really big idiot to not turn this kid into a world-class player. He was performing in La Liga without any touch of Wenger.

Anyways congrats on having this player.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
All that said, Arsenal has the best scouting system to be able to get these "kids" into the EPL and continue to play at an extremely high level. what a team this will be in 2 years!

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
TBH the whole planet knew who Vela was. He isn't a Wenger prodigy because every manager in the world saw Vela in that youth tournament and liked what they saw.

Wenger hasn't done shit in this case

·
Registered
197 Posts
TBH the whole planet knew who Vela was. He isn't a Wenger prodigy because every manager in the world saw Vela in that youth tournament and liked what they saw.

Wenger hasn't done shit in this case
It's very rare for a manager to find players that no one has ever heard of. It's still a big risk buying a 16 year from a differant country, loads of kids play well in these tournaments and turn out sh1t, Le Tallec for example

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
Of course just players that Wenger has made out of of nothing, in the current batch I would say Wilshere in particular would be a wenger youth prodigy

·
Registered
666 Posts
It's very rare for a manager to find players that no one has ever heard of. It's still a big risk buying a 16 year from a differant country, loads of kids play well in these tournaments and turn out sh1t, Le Tallec for example
It's not that big of a risk. Wenger bought Vela for around £125,000. That's pretty cheap considering how powerful Arsenal financially. I'm sure he acquired players like Clichy, and Bendtner even cheaper.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Clichy cost around £350k, don't think Bendtner cost anything as he came from a semi-pro club.

I also found your "how powerful Arsenal are financially" amusing. We're as financially powerful as the Mongolian economy.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Clichy cost around £350k, don't think Bendtner cost anything as he came from a semi-pro club.

I also found your "how powerful Arsenal are financially" amusing. We're as financially powerful as the Mongolian economy.
Compared to the elite clubs of Europe, Arsenal aren't that big financially. But compared to clubs like Chivas Guadaljara, and Auxerre, Arsenal are a juggernaut. It's pretty easy for Arsenal to purchase those players, especially since they're youth players.

I'd also say that most EPL clubs in terms of money are juggernauts compared to the rest of the world's clubs barring Europe's elite clubs.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
You lot have the 3rd highest wage bill in the league.

Must be awful for you.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
how comes every manager in the world didn't attempt to sign him then, he was only £2m?

most were watching Giovani, and wishing that they could nick him off Barca, funny world, now that guy can't even get a start ahead of Aaron Lennon.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Vela did choose Arsenal over Valencia, there were also eyes from other teams on him after that tournament he did so he was not unknown at all.

I didn't get his stuff at Osasuna though but Osasuna is a team that plays some other style of football even though that Shojaei guy might be one of the good footballers they might have besides Monreal and Azpilicueta.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Vela best player on pitch vs Wigan. with assist on 2nd goal after a solo run on counter attack and crosses low to Simpson. then superb chip with left foot at full speed 1 on 1 vs keeper and with defender chasing him down. truly he will be one of the elite forwards of the world in the near present and future. lets not forget he is still 19 and can play in sub World Cups and Olympics....

I think he will be Mexico's next Hugo Sanchez who will shine at club level but with the national team will not do much unfortunately....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts