Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has been superb the whole season for Huelva and has had standout performances vs Athletico/Real Madrid/Valencia/Real Betis etc

6/7 goals in the league, the past couple absolute stunners..he runs huelvas crappy midfield by himself, and is finally being fit and determined for an extended period of time. Unlike at Sporting, where he showed enormous potential and talent to be a old fashioned playmaker in the mold of Rui Costa in style, but was always injured/lazy, he seems to have sorted himself out a bit(dont want to jinx anything:lick:)

I hope he gets a chance for Portugal in their next friendly to show he can come on and make a difference in a position where Deco has no rival.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Has been superb the whole season for Huelva and has had standout performances vs Athletico/Real Madrid/Valencia/Real Betis etc

6/7 goals in the league, the past couple absolute stunners..he runs huelvas crappy midfield by himself, and is finally being fit and determined for an extended period of time. Unlike at Sporting, where he showed enormous potential and talent to be a old fashioned playmaker in the mold of Rui Costa in style, but was always injured/lazy, he seems to have sorted himself out a bit(dont want to jinx anything:lick:)

I hope he gets a chance for Portugal in their next friendly to show he can come on and make a difference in a position where Deco has no rival.

Thoughts?
I have followed Carlos Martins' career since he was playing in our youth squads and I am not one bit surprised about his performances at La Liga. He is a really skilled player, with great vision and a good shot...but...his problems at Sporting were not due to anybody else but himself. He didn't show enough maturity and professionalism while at the club and I am very curious to see if he will show that in the rest of his career.

For the place of Deco we have João Moutinho who is with 21 better than Carlos Martins will ever be.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Indeed Martins has had a good season with Huelva. Scolari actually went to one of his matches.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
yup I was always high on his asss

1 - 5 of 5 Posts