Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Carlo may also play Pepe or Ramos into the mid ..so there is still competition for the lad

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
poco loco
3,657 Posts
guys, we originally signed casemiro for castilla. guess our scouts did know back then that he is not (yet) ready for first team football. he got his chance during preseason and took advantage of it to make into the squad but i dont see anything more for him right now. if i'm proven wrong, fine, but i think we need to make a formation switch to stabilize our midfield if we want to win sth in europe.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I hear what you are saying, but i think it was the other way around, i think he was identified as a possible young first team player but with a few problems, i think he was signed for Castilla as a way to have him acclimatise to spanish football and way of life and if that worked out well he would then be signed permanently for the first team, don't forget this is a player that has already represented Brazil, regardless of if it was only once or twice, and played for one of the biggest clubs in Brazil.
He has something, he might lack a bit of top level experience in Europe because of his lack of playing time and he still is young, and you maybe right he might not be the answer at this time, but i like what i have seen from him, especially his tackling and his passing.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Carlos just said one of two

1. Play someone with the same characteristics as Khedira in Casemiro. He said he's a player who is ready even though hasn't played much

2. Change the system, I.e. Isco

·
Madridista
338 Posts
It would be stupid not to give Casemiro his chance especially now when we a have an accessible schedule, at least until January. If he 'pulls a Varane' then it is no reason why he can't start. After all, if you're good enough you're old enough.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
It's likely that Casemiro only will be given a chance in smaller games.

But I definitely see Carlo changing formation / tactics as more of a possibility.

Illara - Xabi
Modric​

Is the most likely IMO.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
This guy impresses me. I am not saying he is ready to play game in and game out but there is no denying that he possesses a great potential and if he stays focused and patient he will develop into an excellent player.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Always said during pre-season he was a better fit to our team than Khedira. Too bad Ancelotti is only giving him a run after his performance against Dortmund. Should've played more often this season, particularly resting Modric in the 60th minute of games when we're ahead.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Always said during pre-season he was a better fit to our team than Khedira. Too bad Ancelotti is only giving him a run after his performance against Dortmund. Should've played more often this season, particularly resting Modric in the 60th minute of games when we're ahead.
Not too worried. He's still a young pup. His time will come.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Potential is sky high for this kid, love his defensive work. But he scares the shit out of me when he holds on to the ball for more than 3 seconds. He needs to learn how to find the next pass before receiving the ball, one of the most important features of holding midfielders. His first touch is also problematic when trying to trap the ball. But these things will improve over time. He needs to be patient, he'll get his chance.

·
Nº Socio; 504515
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Arsenal make Casemiro enquiry

Arsenal have made enquiries about signing Real Madrid youngster Casemiro, according to reports in the British Press.

The Brazilian midfielder has struggled for playing time this season, despite being ear-marked as one to watch at the start of the campaign.

As such, the 22-year-old could look to leave Santiago Bernabeu in the summer, with the Premier League outfit thought to be extremely keen on bringing him to north London.

Los Blancos are thought to be reticent to sell such a promising young player, but could be tempted by the right offer.

Arsene Wenger’s side are also thought to be keen on bringing in Alvaro Morata, but face competition from Inter and Tottenham.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
JOSHUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, give me an update on this guy!

I was impressed with him while he was with us and I need an update on his performances in Porto.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I would also love an update. I heard Josué saying he had been solid earlier in the season, and I would like for him to come back from loan. But alas, we got Lucas.

·
Nº Socio; 504515
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

Real Madrid loanee Casemiro has hailed his Porto teammates after their progression into the Champions League quarter-finals.

The Brazilian midfielder scored a free kick as the Dragoes defeated Basel 4-0 in the second leg of their first knockout tie on Tuesday and joined Los Blancos in the last eight of the competition.

“It wasn’t perfect because of the goal but because of the performance,” he told UEFA’s official website after the match.

“Everyone should be congratulated, everyone played a great match and the team are improving with each game.

“The team are doing what the Coach is asking, so everyone should be congratulated.

“I think the final is still very far [away], we should take each match as it comes. We should be congratulated, we’re now among the eight best teams in Europe.

“[However] it’s still a long way [away] and at the weekend our next League match awaits us.

“It’s important to think about the national League because it’s a difficult game at home, so we have to rest, think about the next match and focus on one match at a time.

“I’ve been training and working [hard] to have that chance [from the free kick] and make it happen, so it’s thanks to God that it happened.”
YtYKAwZI-2M

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Carlo never trusted Caesmiro last season, the move to porto was fantastic to him i'd take him over both Illara and khedira easily. It was a mistake preffering them over him tbh.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts