Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Nº Socio; 504515
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real Madrid register Casemiro for the Champions League

Carlos Henrique Casemiro, Real Madrid's new midfield signing, who is set to play in the 'B' team, Castilla, until the end of the season is now in Spain, having arrived in the early hours of Tuesday morning. The player is here on loan, though Real Madrid have a purchase option. And the Spanish giants have also included the player in their list of eligible players for the Champions League, along with Diego López.

Yesterday, before taking his flight from Sao Paulo, he said goodbye via Twitter to his fans: "Friends, I'm off to Spain for a challenge. I want to thank everyone for their messages of support. I've been busy in the last few days preparing everything and I've not had time to say goodbye to the fans. I also want to send a big thanks and all the best to everyone at Sao Paulo, at the stadium, the training ground and all my teammates. Now, life goes on again in Madrid and I'm going to do as well as I can in my new club. I'm relying on the support of all of you".

The player will team up with Marcelo in Madrid, who he knows from the Brazil national team, and the Madrid defender sent him a message on Twitter yesterday: "When do you get to Madrid. We'll be together 'hermanito' [little brother]". Casemiro replied minutes later: "I'm boarding now. We'll always be together 'hermano'"

http://www.as.com/english/articulo/real-madrid-register-casemiro-for/20130205dasdenspo_12/Ten

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
So it seems like we have signed this guy for €6 million, and that he has a chance of being part of the first team next season?

·
LEGEND:Sir Bobby
7,222 Posts
i hope they are not serious about this guy being the backup to khedira!really,this guy will be our backup DM?i thought we needed a world class DM to reduce khedira to bench material,and we will have this dross as the backup instead?things are getting from bad to worse by the day!

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Give him a chance to prove himself....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i hope they are not serious about this guy being the backup to khedira!really,this guy will be our backup DM?i thought we needed a world class DM to reduce khedira to bench material,and we will have this dross as the backup instead?things are getting from bad to worse by the day!
lol you really are a excitable fella....you need to chill and have some patience and get Cavani off your brain lol

·
7,222 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
So it's official he's gonna be part of the first team next season? We aren't gonna use him for Castilla or loan him out?

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
So it's official he's gonna be part of the first team next season? We aren't gonna use him for Castilla or loan him out?
its official that we have bought him. the website says hes gonna be part of the first team. I still think/hope we just had a deadline for pulling the option and include him in a transfer, or whatever.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
He looked pretty good against Betis and has two senior caps for Brazil. Don't read too much into his Castilla performance as motivational level won't be high after playing so many games in first division. Cutting in Segunda doesn't mean much either for a senior player. Else the likes of Jonathan Soriano would be world class strikers.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Trust zizou

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
He looked pretty good against Betis and has two senior caps for Brazil. Don't read too much into his Castilla performance as motivational level won't be high after playing so many games in first division. Cutting in Segunda doesn't mean much either for a senior player. Else the likes of Jonathan Soriano would be world class strikers.
which motivation level? Of having the chance to play for the RM first team? Tell that Pedro, Alex or José!

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
He snubbed Roma, Lazio and agreed to play for the 2nd team 'cos he wants to play for RM as well. He looked the part against Betis as well so don't care how he did in Segunda. Also you can play to your potential while with world class players compared to kids.

I don't think club had any doubts about his talent. Sao Paulo were holding out fo 20M only two years ago. They probably wanted to see how he"ll adapt to Spain and whether he will show enough professionalism

·
7,222 Posts
he is NOT a DM.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts