Xtratime Community banner

Who is the best brazilian right-back of all time ?

• Carlos Alberto

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Djalma

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
> Carlos Alberto Torres is considered the best right-back of all time . Captain of Brazil in WC 1970 . Played for Santos,Botafogo, Fluminesnse and others teams . Did 36 matches for Brazil and 5 goals . Had as a main skill the crossing and a strong personality , on the field defended and attacked very good .

> Djalma Santos too for some people is considered the best right-back of all time . in Classic World XI Ever is the holder as full-right-back . As a player had a incredible health and stamina maybe the greatest player in this aspects . Djalma was champion of WC 1958 for Brazil . Did 111 matches for Brazil .

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I don't think they're the only two options for 'the best right-back of all time' award.
This couple is generally the best since Thuram played as right-back for a lot shorter period than the two.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
For basic skill consideration, Carlos Albero is the best right wing-back ever while Djalma is the best right full-back ever.

For their status in history, Djama is rated higher due to incomparable consistency. Djalma played in 4 WC and his club career was performed almost full 20 seasons in row while Carlos Alberto played only once in 1970 tournament and disappeared for many games in club career.

In conclusion, you can pick either of them in your all-time formation XI. For all-time ranking, Djalma is deserved to be the best RB ever.

·
Registered
854 Posts
For basic skill consideration, Carlos Albero is the best right wing-back ever while Djalma is the best right full-back ever.

For their status in history, Djama is rated higher due to incomparable consistency. Djalma played in 4 WC and his club career was performed almost full 20 seasons in row while Carlos Alberto played only once in 1970 tournament and disappeared for many games in club career.

In conclusion, you can pick either of them in your all-time formation XI. For all-time ranking, Djalma is deserved to be the best RB ever.
Yeah, he did... But he was a sub in 1958 until the final and should not even have gone to England in 1966 according to himself...
Nevertheless, I do believe I put him in my All Time XI. Guess I fell for his fame and rep, have seen next to nothing of him.

·
Registered
12,621 Posts
Alberto IMHO.But i'm a more attacking minded fellow:D

·
Registered
893 Posts
Djalma all the way. Props for being the only Brazilian who bothered to show up for the Centenary game at Wembley in 1963 too.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Cafu is so overated it is not even funny

Still learning

if you saying that Cafu was better than Carlos Alberto. Your obviously saying Jorginho was also better than Carlos alberto, as Jorginho was at least two levels above cafu.

·
Administrator
29,393 Posts
Djalma, of the old brazilian players he is the one I most wanted to see videos. There is pictures of him stealing balls from fowards and just carrying it without letting touch the ground out of the area, sometimes using just head to control the ball. But he said all was simple: they could driblle me 100 times, they could not cross the ball a single one.

Also, that throw in that goes all way inside the area was one of his trademarks and he was notorious for being absolutely no violent, never being excluded (or getting cards) from games all his career.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,471 Posts
:proud:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts