Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished watching Tigres beat Corinthians 2 x 0 in the Libertadores Cup where Tevez left the game in agony with what seemed to be a very serious injury to his right knee in the 77th minute.

Wouldn't want to be in Pekerman's shoes right about now.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw it happen live (on tv) and it just didn't look good at all. His right knee clashed with the other player's right knee and Carlitos felt the pain immidiately.

He was carted off the field with with him covering his face with both hands in excruciating pain.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I just got an sms about it.. and this the last thing to think about now:(

We'll not have that much of FW's options if Tevez going to miss the WC, coz he's different than the others, Pekerman might think of calling Saviola again:(

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
man this is bad news.
i always felt he was gonna be out most important player in world cup.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
man so upset gonna post again.
but lets wait awhile and wait for the most important part, and that is ,"how long he is out for."

who knows, he might not be out for long.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
According to Cor. coach, he said that Tevez for sure gonna miss next Sunday match against Sao Paulo, he added but it seems a serious injurey and we should wait for the doctors.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
excellent player and argentina will miss him.
we have cover for heinze and even masch, but no cover for tevez. esp cos he plays on left flank.

lets not get aheadf of ourselves and lets wait for the further news.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
That's bad news, the automatic thought is always cruciate ligament injuries with the knees - I hope it is not as serious as first feared.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Damn! At this rate, we'll be fielding a wheelchair team. :(

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
i heard bilos has stuck woth argentina. i wonder if this news changed his mind.
either way i think he doesnt have enough expereicen in national team to be selected, esp when next friendly is after squad announced.

ps carlos tevez said he was frightened of the noise he heard in his knee, which im afraid 99.99% means dammage cruciates.

does anyone know if his knee gave way or wheter he was contacted from the side on from front.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Pekerman waiting on Tevez tests

Less than 100 days before the FIFA World Cup™ gets under way, Argentina coach Jose Pekerman has been rocked by the news of an injury to yet another of his talented forwards.
Just 48 hours on from learning that Lionel Messi will be out for at least a month with a muscle problem, the Albiceleste coach is nervously awaiting news on the injury suffered by striker Carlos Tevez. The Corinthians forward had to be substituted after injuring his right knee in Thursday's Copa Libertadores game away to Mexican side Tigres.

"It's too early to say anything about Carlitos' injury, but I can reveal that he won't be playing in next Sunday's big game against Sao Paulo," said a worried-looking Antonio Lopes, Tevez's coach at the Brazilian champions. The injury presents a fresh worry for Pekerman, who almost certainly tuned in to the game to see Tevez's team-mate and fellow Argentine international Javier Mascherano make a welcome return to the Corinthians midfield after injury.

Tevez's injury happened in the 78th minute when he gave away a foul, earning himself a yellow card in the process, before falling to the ground clearly in distress. He was taken off the pitch with the help of the Corinthians medical team. "We're hoping that it's nothing serious, both for him and the team. This Friday he'll undergo an MRI scan to discover the extent of the damage," added Lopes in an interview with Rádio Globo.

·
Registered
504 Posts
yes we've had some bad luck with injuries but at least they are happening now and not less than a month before the World Cup.

By the time the World Cup starts we will have Messi, Tevez, Mascherano, Ayala healthy.. A month is enough to get in shape.

Not sure about Heinze tho...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts