Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the last competition on our priority list and the point will be even more emphasised by the team that Fergie puts out on Wednesday.Expect wholesale changes to the lineup that featured against West Brom on Saturday and the likes of EDD,Kleberson and (fingers crossed!) young David Jones getting a run out in United colours.

Up front it should be Alaln Smith with Bellion and Richardson playing just behind him while at the back,Pique could get his first start of the season alongside Biege while Spector should also play as well as O'Shea.

Arsenal are in a win-win situation here because if they win then they will bring the roof down with calls about how "talented" their kids are while if they lose they will potray it to to be expected overlooking the fact that they dont have the luxury of having a reserve squad simply because they are not a big enough club!:D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
the only reason you have a reserve squad is because Fergie has bought so many crappy buys that were meant for the 1st team but didn't make it. ;)

anyway about the side we will have 8 u-21s for sure, plus Cygan, Almunia and there are rumours the youngster from Senegal will play, Patrick something or other i think his name is :D this is just a rumour though.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only Brown from the Saturday side will be on the squad for Wednesday.

·
63,337 Posts
Shaf said:
Only Brown from the Saturday side will be on the squad for Wednesday.
exactly beacuse the world cup winner and the Cameroonian Vieira that Fergie bought didn't quite work out. :smileani:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
If Jones does not start, and Djemba starts instead of him, fergie needs to be shot. We should also use like you Shaf said, Pique and Spector in defence.

Eagles and Richardson should get a chance on the wings too. Also he has to start Rossi instead of Bellion or some other reject. If he plays our youngsters, and not some reserves just so they get a game, we can win, but if the Djembas and the others that are useless play, I can see us being embaressed by the Arse.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drito said:
If Jones does not start, and Djemba starts instead of him, fergie needs to be shot. We should also use like you Shaf said, Pique and Spector in defence.

Eagles and Richardson should get a chance on the wings too. Also he has to start Rossi instead of Bellion or some other reject. If he plays our youngsters, and not some reserves just so they get a game, we can win, but if the Djembas and the others that are useless play, I can see us being embaressed by the Arse.
Wish i could agree with you Drito but its likely that Bellion,EDD and Klebs will all be starters.Fergie knows that they havent been upto the League standrads so far and will be giving them a run-out in the hope that their confidence will be improved after some performances.As much as it pains me to see Bellion getting ahead of Eagles and EDD ahead of Jones and god knows what other sh!te ahead of Rossi,but thats how its going to be on Wednesday!:sigh:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
I could see Eagles and Rossi coming on from the bench like you said, but there is no excuese why he cannot start with Jones, who is our best player in the reserves by a mile. If he is given a chance, he can be amazing, and it is ****ed up when he still has not played 1 ****ing competitive game for the club:(
I think we might see this if fergie has any brains left and starts Jones:

The 433 formation that we have used:

......................Smithy
Richardson..........................Bellion
.........Djemba....Jones....Klebs

If he decided to play more youngsters then a 442, would be much better, but sadly it aint going to happen:(:

...................Smithy
.............Rossi
Richardson...Jones Klebs...Eagles

I would start Fletcher beside Jones, like when they destroyed Pool in the reserves last month together, but Fletcher is getting games for the 1st team, and Kleberson deserves a chance.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drito said:
I could see Eagles and Rossi coming on from the bench like you said, but there is no excuese why he cannot start with Jones, who is our best player in the reserves by a mile. If he is given a chance, he can be amazing, and it is ****ed up when he still has not played 1 ****ing competitive game for the club:(
I think we might see this if fergie has any brains left and starts Jones:

The 433 formation that we have used:

......................Smithy
Richardson..........................Bellion
.........Djemba....Jones....Klebs

If he decided to play more youngsters then a 442, would be much better, but sadly it aint going to happen:(:

...................Smithy
.............Rossi
Richardson...Jones Klebs...Eagles

I would start Fletcher beside Jones, like when they destroyed Pool in the reserves last month together, but Fletcher is getting games for the 1st team, and Kleberson deserves a chance.
First formation looks more likely.Jones could be given a start if we opt for a 4-3-3 but before we played 4-4-2 in this competition with Fletch starting as well.But with Soton coming up on saturday,I dont think Fletch will even be on the bench so its either Eagles or 4-3-3 with Bellion.Since its Fergie,it'll probably be Bellion!:(

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
If we play the 433, and Rossi comes on, on the 2nd half(hopefully he gets more than 3 mins :D this time), where do you think he will play???
He cant come on for 1 of the 3 central mids, as he cannot play that deep. If fergie decides to keep the 433 after the putting him on, I can see him playing in Richardsons position.
However IMO, the best way to use him him, is like in the 2nd formation, where he plays as a playmaker, with Jones and klebs/Djemba in the centre, but sadly I will bet he will get wasted on some ****ed up position:(

EDIT: Totally forgot about Phil.... :frustrat: , now I will bet he will start ahead of Jones :stress: :cry:

Phil-Klebs-Djemba

·
63,337 Posts
--------------Smith
Richardson--------------Bellion
------------Kleberson
------Djemba-------P.Neville

is that your most likely front 6 ? not asking who you want just what is the most likely :shades:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Yep Jern your spot on:((but Djemba on the right and Phil on the left:D). Actually to help your team even more, most of the time Klebs will play even deeper, in a normal 3 central line:(

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was wondering whom did we leave out and now that u have brought up Phil,I wish we had!:pp

Extremely flat and rigid midfield with the attacking onus on Klebs and though he has been producing the goods in the last few rnds,if Viera plays then the pressure on him would be extreme.Someone like Jones who is comfortable on the ball and has good vision would help take some of the pressure off unlike EDD or Phizza who cant pass the ball 5 yards even if their life depended on it.Then again Phizza's record against Viera is unmatchable so Fergie could be thinking about that as well!:D

Rossi could easily be slotted into Richardson's role and he'd play better than Kieran in a 4-3-3 formation,IMO,because it just suits him to the T.However dont think Fergie will be tempted to give him a run-out until the end of the match though I sincerely hope its more than just 3-4 mins like last time out!:mad:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Shaf said:
I was wondering whom did we leave out and now that u have brought up Phil,I wish we had!:pp

Extremely flat and rigid midfield with the attacking onus on Klebs and though he has been producing the goods in the last few rnds,if Viera plays then the pressure on him would be extreme.Someone like Jones who is comfortable on the ball and has good vision would help take some of the pressure off unlike EDD or Phizza who cant pass the ball 5 yards even if their life depended on it.Then again Phizza's record against Viera is unmatchable so Fergie could be thinking about that as well!:DRossi could easily be slotted into Richardson's role and he'd play better than Kieran in a 4-3-3 formation,IMO,because it just suits him to the T.However dont think Fergie will be tempted to give him a run-out until the end of the match though I sincerely hope its more than just 3-4 mins like last time out!:mad:
:D :tongue: :howler:

·
63,337 Posts
Shaf, the Vieira thing has just come from fans, there is nothing to suggest we will play him from the Arsenal camp.

it's just we normally have either Fabregas or Edu or whoever isn't normally in the team playing but now they are all injured, so it's either Vieira or we play Djourou or Larsson who is a wide midfeilder there.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jern Lizardhous said:
Shaf, the Vieira thing has just come from fans, there is nothing to suggest we will play him from the Arsenal camp.
Viera himself would be hoping that if Phil is in the side!:D

·
Registered
156 Posts
http://tinyurl.com/4q38d

Some pics of us training ahead of the match.

Rossi, Pique, Jones, Blake and Spector are kitted out in yellow bibs. Just speculation, but they look like they could be the subs to me.

Interesting to see Rooney, Scholes, Giggs, Ronnie and Keano at the practice match.

Ruud, Rio, Gaz, Silvestre, Carroll etc. were all doing stretches and fitness training.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
From what Fergie said it did seem that Rossi was gonna play but maybe he will wait to give him just 20 mins or so. This would be a huge match to make your first start.

·
63,337 Posts
Cygan is injured so we have a totally u-21 side out apart from the goalkeeper.

possible team

----------------Almunia
----------Senderos---Djourou
Hoyte--------------------------Clichy
---------Flamini--Cregg/Larsson
Pennant------------------------Quincy
------------van Persie
-----------------------Lupoli

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jern Lizardhous said:
Cygan is injured so we have a totally u-21 side out apart from the goalkeeper.
Which is bad news for us then!

One of the guaranteed scorers for us won't be starting!:(

Pique and Spector should definitely be starting for us.Id especially like to see Pique getting his first start and how comfortable he is at this stage.

Chelsea had their entire first eleven on the pitch by the time the match ended at Craven Cottage.Just signifies how seriously they are taking this competition!

Could backfire later on!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts