Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here think that the match between Chelsea and Man Utd match was influenced by ferguson? didnt watch the match so i cant really comment but i would like to hear from the people who have.
-------------------------------------------
Mourinho Implies Ref Barry Was Influenced
1/13/2005 3:59:00 AM
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho said he was concerned by the performance of referee Neale Barry after the Blues drew 0-0 with Manchester United in the Carling Cup semi-final first leg.
"I see one referee in the first half and another in the second half," Mourinho said.

"I’m suggesting that the referee didn’t walk alone to the dressing room.

"I don’t think it’s a matter of integrity. I understand that with a bit of pressure and a few clever words you can change, a bit, the way you think."

The Blues boss claimed the official gave the visitors favourable decisions after being spoken to during the interval.
"What I saw and heard and felt at half-time made it easier for me to understand a few things," said Mourinho.

And in a thinly disguised allusion to United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, he added: "Maybe when I turn 60 and have been managing in the same league for 20 years and have the respect of everybody I will have the power to speak to people and make them tremble a little bit.

"The referee controlled the game in one way during the first half but in the second they had dozens of free-kicks. It was fault after fault, dive after dive."

However, Mourinho insisted his team could still reach the final.

"It’s zero-zero, so if we win we go through and if we get a draw we go to extra time," he said.

"We have exactly the same chance we had before this game.

"We are confident of getting a result but we know what Manchester United is, a footballing power. It’ll be difficult for us, but also for them."

www.goal.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts