Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the real test for our kids. Chavs killers, Burnley, will be waiting for us and they will surely be up for this. They have a small, compact and intimidating ground, so it'll certainly be the hardest match for us in this competition.

I'd like to see the same 11 lads that started against Wigan. The've already played 2 games together and we must keep the continuity of our good display. Questions rise over Djourou and Simpson though. Will Wenger give Johan a rest after Cheslea match? Who will be Vela's partner Simpson or Bendtner?

Come on Arsenal!!!

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Here is the real test for our kids. Chavs killers, Burnley, will be waiting for us and they will surely be up for this. They have a small, compact and intimidating ground, so it'll certainly be the hardest match for us in this competition.

I'd like to see the same 11 lads that started against Wigan. The've already played 2 games together and we must keep the continuity of our good display. Questions rise over Djourou and Simpson though. Will Wenger give Johan a rest after Cheslea match? Who will be Vela's partner Simpson or Bendtner?

Come on Arsenal!!!
Not sure AW will start Song or Djourou 48 hours after the battle at the Bridge.

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Burnley could win this one. I feared Sheffield United would kick the youngsters off the field and they couldn't, but things are going well now after the Chelsea match so perhaps we'll lose. I don't expect it, but I fear it anyway.

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Assuming that both Djourou and Song won't play, we may see Sylvestre with someone at the back.. I don't think that Kolo is coming back for this one unfortunately.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Assuming that both Djourou and Song won't play, we may see Sylvestre with someone at the back.. I don't think that Kolo is coming back for this one unfortunately.
Possible line up

Fabianski

Ogogo----Hoyte----Silvestre---Gibbs

Wilshere----Ramsey---Randall---Merida

Vela---Simpson

Subs: Mannone, Bendtner, Lansbury, Coquelin, Lansbury, Fonte & J.E Thomas

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ogogo is on loan at Barnet.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
hmm how are these away/home games determined? we played the first two games at home. i think the kids will surprise us with some good form and win 3-1.

who did we have in CB last time against wigan?

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
hmm how are these away/home games determined? we played the first two games at home. i think the kids will surprise us with some good form and win 3-1.

who did we have in CB last time against wigan?
Djourou and Song.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Anyone know how Havard Nordveit is doing - I was hoping he'd feature in Carling Cup games by now?

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Silvestre, Vela, Bendtner to start according to AW.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Burnley could win this one. I feared Sheffield United would kick the youngsters off the field and they couldn't, but things are going well now after the Chelsea match so perhaps we'll lose. I don't expect it, but I fear it anyway.
True

IMO Burnley are the favourites to advance. Last season we faced them at their house in the FA cup with the following starting 11 yet only won 2-0

Jens Lehmann

Armand Traore
Philippe Senderos
Kolo Toure
Bacary Sagna

Abou Diaby
Denilson
Gilberto Silva
Emmanuel Eboue

Nicklas Bendtner
Eduardo

Great test for the kids but they will have to dig deep to pull off the victory.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
True

IMO Burnley are the favourites to advance. Last season we faced them at their house in the FA cup with the following starting 11 yet only won 2-0

Jens Lehmann

Armand Traore
Philippe Senderos
Kolo Toure
Bacary Sagna

Abou Diaby
Denilson
Gilberto Silva
Emmanuel Eboue

Nicklas Bendtner
Eduardo

Great test for the kids but they will have to dig deep to pull off the victory.
i watched those highlights and wow they were playing so well. we were saved by eduardo's fantastic finishing and vision though, which worries me about this upcoming game.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Burnley are a much better side than Sheffield United. If you've seen any of the Championship this season then you'll know they're a great side who play some nice stuff.

Will be a tough test for the youngsters away from the Emirates.

·
Registered
42,995 Posts
Possible line up

Fabianski

Ogogo----Hoyte----Silvestre---Gibbs

Wilshere----Ramsey---Randall---Merida

Vela---Simpson

Subs: Mannone, Bendtner, Lansbury, Coquelin, Lansbury, Fonte & J.E Thomas
Assuming this a possible psychological advantage would be that the Burnley players would be burdened with the pressure of "we're facing a weakened Arsenal team, this is our big chance to claim a big scalp, can we manage it?" It's some weight for them, to be sure. Our players will perhaps play with greater freedom?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts