Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When asked before the start of the knock off stage as to which team would win the Champions League, here's what Carletto Ancelotti responded.
"It will be won by a team starting with M. I know which one it is but I'll keep it for myself".

Teams in the CL before this round starting with an M:
Madrid, Manchester, Monaco, Milan, Munich....

So does anybody know what Carletto's secret is?:nervous::hopefull:

Cheers.

:devil:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Carletto's prophecy is becoming reality!

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
San Siro said:
Teams in the CL before this round starting with an M:
Madrid, Manchester, Monaco, Milan, Munich....

strictly speaking, Bayern Munich, whose short form is 'Bayern', starts with 'B', not 'M',

that means only a certain team called AC MILAN from your list is still competing... :eekani:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Elephant King said:
strictly speaking, Bayern Munich, whose short form is 'Bayern', starts with 'B', not 'M',

that means only a certain team called AC MILAN from your list is still competing... :eekani:
:eekani: :eekani: :eekani:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
bono said:
AC Milan starts with "A"/

no, Milan is the short form of AC Milan, and we start with 'M'

while Bayern Munich, in contrast to Munich 1860, is short-formed as 'bayern'. hence they're 'B'

·
Registered
43,409 Posts
i was saying that this is quite a cocky and arrogant topic in so many ways ... I am not blaming payman whatsoever, and it might be funny somehow, but it is quite embarrassing for some of us to say the least, that we are getting these kind of cocky topics all the time ... and ppl like aca and the rest have all the right to make fun of it.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
besides making fun, what else can we do in between matches? :depress:

or should we emulate the inter :star: way to start talking about 'rebuilding the squad' or 'firing the coach' as early as February or March every single year.:dazed:

·
Registered
43,409 Posts
I didnt mean that, King, and i am all for having fun. But you have to say that the level of cockiness of some of teh Milan fans over here is simply unbelievable ... I know we have all teh reasons, but there is never a good reason to be arrogant.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I see your point now, bono.

for me i never talk rudely or arrogantly abt any opponents Milan facing, but I agree that sometimes there's only slight difference between confidence and arrogance.

·
Registered
498 Posts
bono said:
I didnt mean that, King, and i am all for having fun. But you have to say that the level of cockiness of some of teh Milan fans over here is simply unbelievable ... I know we have all teh reasons, but there is never a good reason to be arrogant.
I think you have wronged him. If anybody, it was Carlo who is being arrogant. :howler: and maybe Payman. Well, you can't blame him for that. ;)

While we are talking about the topic of name, I think you should call him either by last name as "Mr. King" or by first name "Elephant". They are much nicer. :pp

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
cxd said:
While we are talking about the topic of name, I think you should call him either by last name as "Mr. King" or by first name "Elephant". They are much nicer. :pp

:howler:
my first name is not called elephant, come on :stress: :howler:

feel free to call me EK, or simply Jonathan, my english name.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
wow

bono not liking the cockiness that is everpresent here....finally ;)

·
Registered
17,586 Posts
When i saw the thread's title i thought Ancelotti was starting a lingerie line...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Good stuff Nero.

Guys just enjoy your topic, I don't take your cockiness to heart. I think you are just having a good time, very passionate about your club, and you should be proud of your history as you have some great reasons to be. You won't win forever but enjoy now and just try not to go overboard. Some of you guys are a little arrogant but a lot of you are just having fun and I think there is a little bit of jealousy going on as well from other clubs :eekani:. If there wasn't a Milan forum this forum just wouldn't be as good and a lot less interesting.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
Good stuff Nero.

Guys just enjoy your topic, I don't take your cockiness to heart. I think you are just having a good time, very passionate about your club, and you should be proud of your history as you have some great reasons to be. You won't win forever but enjoy now and just try not to go overboard. Some of you guys are a little arrogant but a lot of you are just having fun and I think there is a little bit of jealousy going on as well from other clubs :eekani:. If there wasn't a Milan forum this forum just wouldn't be as good and a lot less interesting.
Absolutely, not winning is much more frequent. When you win, at best you can only equal past glory, very difficult indeed, almost impossible, this is giving for granted that indeed we will be able to win something this season. We've achieved nothing yet.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Diavolo said:
Absolutely, not winning is much more frequent. When you win, at best you can only equal past glory, very difficult indeed, almost impossible, this is giving for granted that indeed we will be able to win something this season. We've achieved nothing yet.
now that was written perfectly

diavolo busting out with impeccable english :)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Lav said:
now that was written perfectly

diavolo busting out with impeccable english :)
Nah, just plain realism :stuckup:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts