Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Parma unveil new sponsor

The Tardini side has begun its split from bankrupt majority shareholders Parmalat by unveiling their new shirt sponsor this week.

The Gialloblu jerseys will bear the name of local building society Cariparma in their debut outing against Lazio this Sunday.

The contract with the new sponsors is a short-term deal until June 2004, but is the first time in 17 years that Parmalat have not been involved.

“This is an important sign for the future of Parma,” announced new director Luca Baraldi, “and the beginning of our break away from Parmalat.”

The dairy giants owned by former President Calisto Tanzi are at the centre of one of Europe’s biggest financial fraud scandals and will sell their shares in the club at the end of the season.

“The city must rally round the football club right now and take positive steps to help out,” added Mayor of Parma Elvio Ubaldi.

“It is an important part of the landscape that must continue to live on and nobody must dare try to dismantle it.”

There are reports that a Russian magnate and several English businessmen are showing interest in buying out the Tardini outfit.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Wonder what it will look like on our shirts, gotten so used to seeing Parmalat on it, it was like Arsenal & JVC...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Looks ugly but it probably down to me not being use to it...

I'll see what I think in a few months...

I wonder if the Cariparma might be looking to buy into the club...

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Doesn't "cari" mean "beloved" or something? So that would make it "beloved Parma". :cool:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
VERDI said:
Doesn't "cari" mean "beloved" or something? So that would make it "beloved Parma". :cool:
yea "caro" mean dear , beloved....(also mean "expensive")

but in this case Cari mean : "Cassa di Risparmio di Parma" ...the name of the fondation:D

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
It doesn't suit the shirt...
Can't complain though, we need all the pennies we can get.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I m gonna miss the word parmalat on the parma shirt from now on.:( :(

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Narentino said:
I m gonna miss the word parmalat on the parma shirt from now on.:( :(
I think a lot of people will...:D

I hope Cariparma doesn't stay official sponsor...ugly thing...:dazed: :stress:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Cariparma sounds like "care for parma" to my ears .. It doesn't matter what they write on the shirt ... all that counts is the survival of the club.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts