Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like Carini will join Juve next season. :mad: But because we need a younger keeper not for next year but for 2001-2002 and the future we should buy Robert Enke from Benfica Lissabon. He is 21 years old (or 22) and alongside Peter Scmeichel the best goalie in Portugal. He joined Benfica from Moenchengladbach before last season. The were roumors that he had offers from either Roma or S.S. Lazio (I can´t remeber which club wanted him) and he said that he wants to play for Benfica for at least two years and then think about a move to Rome because he likes this town. :) He is valued at a maximum 10 million Dollars I think. What is your opinion?

·
International
6,519 Posts
my opinion ?

WTF is Enke ??! :confused:

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, you should not know him. He is a great talent. When he was 20 he already played in the german league the whole season as the No.1 keeper. And: he was the best player of his teams earning rookie of the years hounors in a poll by journalists. And he was the team MVP. He also played in Germanys Under-21-national team. Look at him for the future. He is the new Oliver Kahn, not as emotional but as talented as Kahn. And Kahn is good, or isn´t he?

D

·
0 Posts
Do you remember the scoreline: Celta Vigo - Benfica 7-0 ?
It was in the UEFA Cup.I think something is wrong with a keeper that conceedes 7, even if defence is bad.
He may be talented, but I prefered Carini.
FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I didn´t remember the score when I started this topic. But this does not change my opinion of Enke. I´ve seen him playing about 50 times and he is really good. I can´t compare him with Carini cause I never saw Carini. :( But it looks like he is really good, I hope he is not overrated. I guess Enke and Carini are both good but Enke isn´t as popular as Carini. I think they will both make their way into Seria A. And: in Germany Enke lost consecutive games 7-2 and 8-1 and he made no mistake and saved his team of losing in double figures! His advantage: he has an european passport and Carini has not. But everything you hear about Carini sounds great. He will be a star in the future if he is able to be as good as everybody says. Good luck to both of them!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Carini does have an EU passport. Robert Enke???? I don't really know about this guy, but if we really need a new goalkeeper, and he's come with the good price, i'd go for Matteo Sereni or Alessio Scarpi.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Enke, not as emotional as Kahn? Wow, that means he's way way cool then! :cool:
Taling about German youth keepers, actually I like Stefan Wessels. He's just turned 21 this year and he impressed me in the match vs Rangers. Especially that he's still in the youth team of the club!

S

·
0 Posts
FREY

Well if we don't get Carini, why not try to get french goalkeeper Sebastien Frey? Last year he played great for Verona and he's only 20 years. He is without doubt one of the greatest keepertalents in Europe. For tohse who don't believe me, check out the score between Lazio and Verona last season. If I'm not mistaken, Lazio lost that game :mad: trust me guys, Frey will be great for Lazio. :p

·
International
6,519 Posts
Dino, we got 5 goals too, remember ?

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You´re right Nedved!. Wessels is still able to play in the youth team. But he has signed a contract for the professional team and he will earn $US 750.000 in a season the next three years as a backup for Oliver Kahn (he is too good for a backup I think so it is wasted time). Sorry guys, I didn´t know that Carini has a european passport. I don´t want to forget: Germany has not many stars, but they have the best goalies in the world. Nothing else but keepers. Unfortunately cause you can only use one. Bad luck! I think Stefan Klos plays well for Glasgow Rangers, Kahn is great without a doubt, Illgner was great for Real until he got injured all the time. Wessels, Enke, Lehmann (not last year!) are also playing on a high standard. Don´t forget Butt from Hamburg, the goal scoring goaltender. That is a lot of talent, but in only in goal! :( :( :( It looks like there are many young goalies also in the rest of the world who have a lot of talent like Frey, Carini or Buffon (he is still young). Hopefully they don´t get too good cause I still want to see some goals!

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
you cannot judge a keeper by one game! ok, so Celta won 7-0 that game. so?
Enke is a great keeper (though that he wasn't that good in Moenchengladbach..).
I was rather surprised when i heard he transferred to Benfica because i remembered his Bad performance. But i saw some of Benfica's games and Enke has improved a lot. He IS one of the best goalies in Portgal, alongside Schmeichel and Baia (who's returned to Barca). I think it'll be a good idea to buy and loan Enke. he's a great potential. He is one of the 3 national german goalies:
1) Oliver Kahn 2) Hans Jorg But 3) Robert Enke

i say let's go for Enke! We've lost Carini thanks to RUBENTUS...
you know? Alex Manniger is a great option as well!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts