Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cardetti Signs For PSG
News Archive

Treading the well worn path from Argentina to Europe (AP)
07/02/2002. River Plate striker Martin Cardetti has finally signed a four-year contract with Paris Saint-Germain.

The 26-year-old was the top scorer in the 2001 Argentinian championship with 30 goals.

He joins up with fellow Argentinians Gabriel Heintze and Mauricio Pochettino at the French giants.

The player has been unable to agree a new contract with River and was therefore free for transfer.

soccerage ;)

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Carson35 said:
Cardetti Signs For PSG
News Archive

Treading the well worn path from Argentina to Europe (AP)
07/02/2002. River Plate striker Martin Cardetti has finally signed a four-year contract with Paris Saint-Germain.

The 26-year-old was the top scorer in the 2001 Argentinian championship with 30 goals.

He joins up with fellow Argentinians Gabriel Heintze and Mauricio Pochettino at the French giants.

The player has been unable to agree a new contract with River and was therefore free for transfer.

soccerage ;)
He "should" work out great in France...I say should 'cause you NEVER know if every player who leaves S America settles in at 100% in European Soil.

Good Luck Martin !!!!! ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cardetti Thrilled By PSG Move
News Archive

07/03/2002. Martin Cardetti was introduced yesterday to his new team-mates at Paris Saint-Germain. He told them he was looking to win le Championnat this season, possibly with the help of his goals. "PSG have a great reputation in Argentina and that is why I wanted to come here" he said. "This is a well-organized club and I am confident we can achieve great things together". Cardetti has topped coach Luis Fernandez' wish-list for some time but the move materialized only now.

soccerage ;)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Re: Re: Cardetti signs for PSG!!!

colocolo said:

He "should" work out great in France...I say should 'cause you NEVER know if every player who leaves S America settles in at 100% in European Soil.

Good Luck Martin !!!!! ;)
I might be totally way off track now, but I remember Cardetti having already had a short spell in Europe - didn´t he play for Spanish side Salamanca when they were in the Primera Division?

It wasn´t a particularly glorious spell, however, with the team ending up in relegation...

But he obviously had a brill season at River Plate, and I sure hope that he´ll do well with Paris SG!

:)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
this guy will be topscorer with Djibril Cissé nest season!!!

trust me I know!;) :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts