Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Demandred said:
Two clean sheets too, very impressive achievement by the master tactitian! :star:

:howler:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Juve were bad tonight, Capello mistakes and also Zlatan and Mutu should really give their wages to the fans who turned up tonight.

Juventus v Fiorentina, a big game normally, I fear there will be less than 20,000 there because why should Juve fans turn up for that?

Now Juve shall look at next year, you really needed a Marchionni tonight because hes fast and skillful and direct.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I agree that Mutu was bad tonight but this season his performances have been overall good. Mutu is also restricted to only playing on the right of midfield. For the NT he has a free role and I swear you wouldn't even recognize him! Now on to Ibravimovic, there you have a real waste of talent. I seriously don't know wtf this guy is doing. He's just going lower and lower and it's sad because he could be so much more.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Deano said:
Juve were bad tonight, Capello mistakes and also Zlatan and Mutu should really give their wages to the fans who turned up tonight.

Juventus v Fiorentina, a big game normally, I fear there will be less than 20,000 there because why should Juve fans turn up for that?

Now Juve shall look at next year, you really needed a Marchionni tonight because hes fast and skillful and direct.

juve really out :sigh:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I don't think Zlatan was that bad tonight. He almost played as a midfielder, and most of the chances Juventus made, came from him....long passes and him heading the ball for someone to finish.

You don't critiscize Trezeguet because when he disappears it's the midfielders fault. But you have to consider the same for Zlatan, who has to be a trequartista and work hard because the midfield sucks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
You don't critiscize Trezeguet because when he disappears it's the midfielders fault. But you have to consider the same for Zlatan, who has to be a trequartista and work hard because the midfield sucks.
Correction, Zlatan never disappears as Trezeguet does, every time he has a bad game (which is for the vast majority of the season) his presence is actually glaringly conspicuous, I'd actually much rather he were invisible and the ball fell to someone else's feet. Also I have no idea where you're going by attributing his horrible form to the midfielders around him, if anything Trezeguet is far and away the only forward (and perhaps player) who is hugely dependent on the performances of his teammates to play a good game. Ibrahimovic is as individualistic as any forward in Europe, he has no heart and passion in his game and as far as hard work on his part is concerned - well flashback to the game played last night and you'll remember how he refused to chase a loose ball on the edge of the Arsenal box and garnered the loudest jeers of the night. He doesn't have to be a trequartista because the team around him is bad; he insists on doing it all himself in any case and doesn't understand a thing about being a trequartista if his performances are anything to go by.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Trapattoni relied too much on Totti and it seems Capello relies way too much on Zlatan... Zlatan is a hot/cold type of player so really you cant rely on him.

The Juve midfield was good last night, not creativity wise, but they chased balls down and got them to the forwards, thats all they could do considering their abilities.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Paranoia said:
Correction, Zlatan never disappears as Trezeguet does, every time he has a bad game (which is for the vast majority of the season) his presence is actually glaringly conspicuous, I'd actually much rather he were invisible and the ball fell to someone else's feet.
Then we see football in different ways. I prefer players who try hard, who at least try to do something when the team is not working, instead of hiding.

Also I have no idea where you're going by attributing his horrible form to the midfielders around him, if anything Trezeguet is far and away the only forward (and perhaps player) who is hugely dependent on the performances of his teammates to play a good game.
Why is Trezeguet the only one who is dependent? Because he's limited? Of course Ibrahimovic is also limited, he's no a complete player. When the midfielders don't create, Trezeguet suffers. But the same can be said about Ibra. He can be called a support striker, but he's no trequartista and no fantasista a la Baggio or Bergkamp. When the central midfielders don't advance, he suffers a lot of marking, so it reflects on him. When the wingers don't create a single chance, he always can't go for the box and try something there.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Deano said:
The Juve midfield was good last night, not creativity wise, but they chased balls down and got them to the forwards, thats all they could do considering their abilities.
Come on Deano, the midfield was not creative at all like you've said, and passing the ball to Ibrahimovic with 2 DMs on him and Trezeguet hiding is not a big achievment. I agree they were good defensivily, but not all offensivily. No good passes to the wingers (also because of the bad movement on the wings), not deep passes to the strikers, nothing. Zlatan is no Pelé to create something in those circumstances.

The fact that proves that the midfield was shit offensivily, is that Zlatan, heavily critiscized, was the only one to create something when they sent long balls to him and he headed it to the players next to him.

·
Banned
114 Posts
The problem lies on Capello. The guy is stuck in the 80's and 90's................His only concern is to defend effectively BUT Mr.Capello there comes a moment WHEN you will have to attack in order to qualify(YESTERDAY)!!!!!Where was the creativity from Juventus?Where were the CLEAR-CUT chances yesterday?Where was the attacking flow EXPECTED from a team of Juventus calibre?We were fooled once in the game against the UNLUCKY Werder side,BUT YOU WILL not fool us AGAIN!!!Enough is enough!!!Sack him............................I-M-M-E-D-I-A-T-E-L-Y.
p.s Mr. Moggi the 29th Scudetto WILL NOT HEAL OUR WOUNDS. You can use as many smokescreens as you wish in the transfer market, BUT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE SMOKESCREENS-LIKE THE SCUDETTO-FOR OUR JUDGEMENT!!!!!The team is INCAPABLE-AS IT IS RIGHT NOW-TO MOUNT A SERIOUS CHALLENGE FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.GOT IT?????

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Like I said Roberto, considering their abilities. Its Capello's fault he hasnt got a single creative midfielder to play, but either way on hindsight, he should have played a 3-4-1-2 with Nedved more central and Zambrotta on the wing.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
It's always funny when people talk like if the coach got the system they wanted, things would be different.

Like you and some other Roma fans said, with clear words, that Roma lost the scudetto season 0304 because Capello didn't use D'Agostino against Milan instead of Lima...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Not just against Milan, against teams liek Ancona etc. when our team was clearly suffering and playing badly he did not put new blood into our team for some games we needed it... this hurt us as we lost the scudetto because of it.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
For Zlatan to be effective, you cant shoot up longballs from defence. he has all the skills in the world and the ball should be played at his feet and the play should be built up from the midfield to allow him to link with players.

As it stands, Capello doesn't seem to want this style of play. Trezeguet and zlatan go missing in games simply because the midfielders can't create, not in terms of capabilities, but more because of this stupid hoofing.

The amount of send offs and yellow cards our players are getting these days really does show you how frustrated they are right now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts